Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Not sure about going for a mammogram - advice please  (Read 17663 times)

Spadger

Re: Not sure about going for a mammogram - advice please
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 04:02:16 PM »

CLKD - your advice was helpful and helped me a lot; I read through all of the posts several times and made what I felt was an educated decision. 
I am sorry that you have been through what must have been a traumatic experience, and I hope that you are ok following your treatment xx

CLKD

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 09:15:37 PM »

:thankyou:  yep.  At the time we felt like we had been hit by a brick but everything that the Surgeon told us was true - we went along with his advice, treatment plan and follow up.  As the years went by the only time I thought about 'cancer' was when the annual mammo was due.  Also I had the luck that the disease was in the lump removed from the breast rather than in the remaining tissue.  So it was away and dealt with  ;)
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Spadger

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »

that's good news CLKD, I'm so glad you're ok and that you have had good advice and treatment.  I'm sure a positive attitude also helps in dealing with this, and you sound to be a very level headed lady x

Trey

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 03:47:16 PM »

Getting mamm in one hour.  Still not sure how I feel about it, but the stress of avoiding was getting worse than the stress of doing so.............

Bette

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »

Sitting here sending you lots of good wishes across the pond, Trey.  :-*
Bette x
If you want a thing done well, get a couple of old broads to do it. Bette Davis.

Trey

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 06:32:59 PM »

You wouldn't believe.  They made my appt at another facility after I was so specific.  The lady could see I was very tense and said she'd see if they could work me in.  They did, but it took a while so I had to bring both dogs in as car was getting warm.  So two dogs and a mamm.  As service dogs they can go almost anywhere, but with my fractured knee and holding both.  They were pretty good.  TJ eyed the indoor tree but didn't get to it.  I called to cancel at other place and they didn't even have me down??? This was where Don got the bad news and so going back, and driving straight past the crematorium was extremely difficult.  If results are ok, it will have been worth it.

catweazle7

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 07:28:55 PM »

Aw Trey it must have been a very difficult day for you  :hug: :hug:

Well done in getting through it, I hope you get your results soon and they are good.
How is your lovely TJ? Fully recovered yet?

Catweazle x
Keep Calm and Carry On

tropical-moment

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 07:49:16 PM »

Hi Trey,

just like you i had my Mamo on Tuesday, have to wait for the results too. I hope your feeling a lot better now and your leg is healing.

I could just imagine TJ cocking his leg up the tree.

Take care, think of you often and Mom sends you her love too.

TM
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain!  
"For unto each life, a little rain must fall."

Trey

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 08:10:13 PM »

Another comment on mamms--I know two people who had clear mamms, who went on to have breast cancer in four and six months.  I guess they miss up to fifteen percent.  I'm worn out!

flushtered

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »

Well done Trey (and dogs!) on getting through a traumatic day, at least it's done now and you can relax.   :tulips:

Suzi Q

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 12:05:01 PM »

You made what you thinks right OK and its over
How long till results? Here in Ozz its about 10 days but if they find anythng they ring with in 3 days
Your a very brave lady winging to you a huge enveloping hug xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :-*

Trey

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 12:52:29 PM »

It's about the same here, Suzi.  In one state we got results immediately as it was a doctor run clinic that only did mamms.  We get a form letter and doctor gets results.  So trying not to think.  Up since 2am though. 

Spadger

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »

Hope you're ok Trey - what a stressful day, I too am waiting for the results now - here in UK it's 2-3 weeks apparently!
love Spadger x

Trey

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »

Hi Spadger, holding your hand across the pond. Trey

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »

My recent result came back in 10 days.

My breast disease was found on self examination and did NOT show on any mammograms.  But I would never not go .........
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6