Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1448

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 1897970 times)

littleminnie

What have you done today?
« on: September 15, 2012, 03:46:05 PM »

I cant remember whether we have had a thread like this before but,
Went into town this morning and bought some bits and pieces, underwear and a jumper.  This afternoon we have sorted out the shed.

CLKD

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 04:42:16 PM »

Went to an auction but nowt of note so loaded up the cycles and biked  :o - had a sleep in our 'cabin' until a rather noisy ferrari raced by  >:( there's a plethero of the things in the area today  ::)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:48:17 PM by CLKD »
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Bette

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 04:45:39 PM »

Spent most of the day with OH - last few days of his holiday, so making the most of it.  8)
Started by walking the dog in the woods, followed by a shared bacon buttie at the coffee shop. Then looked at (and decided to buy!) a piano he's been yearning after. Went to a wonderful artisan bakery to buy bread - and a few cakes!  :P Went on to buy fish and chips for lunch and ate them at a picnic table by the canal.
Back home to put in some washing (indulging in a little "afternoon delight" while it was on!  :D ) then hung out the washing, read the paper in the sun, worked for an hour, ate the cakes and now on here for a while before tea and an evening watching tv, I think - Dr Who and on dvd, Between The Lines (anyone remember that?!) and House.
Bette x
If you want a thing done well, get a couple of old broads to do it. Bette Davis.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 04:48:30 PM »

Oh Bette don't forget strictly  ;)

Bette

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

Sorry but  :sick02:  ;D
Bette x
If you want a thing done well, get a couple of old broads to do it. Bette Davis.

tropical-moment

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »

Washing on line at 8am,Car boot at 8.30, Iceland & aldi shopping then home. Lunch and a cuppa. More washing out, did the outside floor of the summer house with that fencing stuff. (red colour). sat and read a magazine with another cuppa and some malted milk biscuits. Washing in, now on laptop on MM.

TM     
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain!  
"For unto each life, a little rain must fall."

Dyan

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »

Goodness Bette,you've eaten a lot today ;D

Me? tried not to do too much.
Recovering from a sickness bug.
Hoovered round,put the washing out,watched Norwich v West Ham,came on mm,eBay.
I've not eaten a lot today,just very little & often.
Tummy still a bit dicky.

Bette

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 06:20:42 PM »

Well, we did share the bacon buttie! (Mind you, I'd had my usual breakfast of porridge and banana.  ::) ) Just had one round of marmite and cucumber sandwiches for tea - oh, and I'm just having another small slice of that lovely bread with some lemon curd.  :-[
Hope that your tummy settles soon, Dyan. I'm very impressed that you hoovered and did the washing when you're not well - you deserve to have a quiet evening.  :foryou:
Bette x

limpy

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 06:24:01 PM »

Found (more) damp rot in roof timbers, spoke to local builder- face to face - who said he would call in on way home.

Now 7ish in evening, no builder, think we will give up.  :(

Apart from that nice bright, if windy day  :)

flushtered

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »

OH brought me poached eggs on toast in bed and 2 mugs of tea  :-*  then I put a washing on, had a steam over bowl of hot water with vicks in it as I've got cold and cough (usual for holiday weekend!), checked mm forum, had a shower with more vicks on shower walls and door, put washing out and went for food shopping, also bought a top without trying it on  ::) - not too keen on it, will give it to someone for xmas!  So xmas shopping started!  ;D   Came back and ate a danish pastry for lunch, had a sleep, got up and coughed and spluttered some more, gargled with crushed up paracetamol, had a cold and flu drink, took washing in, had jambalaya for dins and watched Strictly while on mm forum. 

flushtered

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 06:47:01 PM »

Forgot to say we walked the dogs before going shopping.

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »

Today, I did some washing & hung it out to dry.  Went to the supermarket and bought more than I should have - don't we all! 
Had quiet afternoon and had a power nap.  Then HAD to fix our doorbell.  It keeps going off playing Yankee Doodle and nobody at the door.  SO thought I'd change the battery thinking that might be the problem.  Now the darned thing doesn't work at all so will have buy new one tomorrow.  Yippee!

mac

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 07:24:48 PM »

Slept late.  Into town with georgeous daughter for some clothes shopping for mum and georgeous daughter.  Bought lottery ticket :)  hope they're the winning numbers.  Home for lunch then back out for food shopping.  Home, dinner into oven and  then a brisk walk before it.

Now relaxing waiting for DD to come home with friend who's staying the night. OH getting ready for work.

mac

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 07:32:05 PM »

Had lazy ish morning....went into town to get putty for garage window  ;D ;D  those who know are laughing now.

Town with DD this afternoon. Charity shop trawl with no luck today  :(

Chinese for dinner which ended up being rather tense....son being a prat and cant see it which leaves the rest of us uptight. Mother being difficult...may well post else where over this one as I feel a bit overwhelmed.

Day of ups and downs....whats new.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 07:39:18 PM »

"Chinese for dinner which ended up being rather tense  .........  "  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1448