Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Personal Messages  (Read 50399 times)

Sussexgirl

Personal Messages
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:24:06 PM »

I have been sent a personal message that I would like to reply to but it says that I am not allowed to send messages? Am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE BY FORUM ADMIN
New members must post 100 20 10 useful posts before being able to send PMs.
Posts in the 'This and That' and the 'Menopause Humour' boards don't add to your post count.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:37:21 PM by Emma »

Emma

• Administrator
Re: Sending Messages
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:55:35 AM »

New members must post 100 20 10 useful posts before being able to send PMs.
Posts in the 'This and That' and the 'Menopause Humour' boards don't add to your post count.

Emma
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:37:42 PM by Emma »

Firewalker50

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »

I notice some members have First Flush against their names and some have Member.
Some of the First Flush people have been registered for years.

Is that also linked to the number of postings they make?   I don't think I had noticed those definitions before.  Are there any other categories. 

I am just curious.

Fx

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 11:15:42 AM »

The definitions have been there since before my time.
First Flush is now up to 100 20 posts, more than that you become a member.

The reason for the change is to prevent anti-social types registering on the forum and flooding members with spurious PMs before they can be recognised for what they are.
------------
I notice some members have First Flush against their names and some have Member.
Some of the First Flush people have been registered for years.

Is that also linked to the number of postings they make?   I don't think I had noticed those definitions before.  Are there any other categories. 

I am just curious.

Fx
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:32:34 PM by Emma »

Firewalker50

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »

Thanks for the explanation Emma.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »

:thankyou: Emma

One Forum I was on many years ago had 'secret' pages and it amazed me that, as a welcomed regular member, more areas were 'opened' up to me  :o - oh the joys of modern technology and that was 10+ years ago  ::)

nelliedee

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »

Lol and there was me thinking it was because I had my first flush last monday !!
Nelliedee x

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »

:lol:

jax

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 12:10:21 PM »

thanks Emma x

MAT48

Re: Personal Messages
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 04:30:03 PM »

I'm a bit confused - how is it I can recieve a PM but not reply to it then? I understand that I don't qualify because I'm post meno now and don't really use this site - although it has helped me in relation to ruling stuff out in the past and people on it have been lovely. But it's pretty annoying if you can receive but not reply because this person is definitely expecting a response from me so I would appear very rude if I didn't? But now may appear to have breached her confidentiality by going on the open forum in order to respond. A system failing perhaps? ???

Mat

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 05:46:20 PM »

Once you have made your first 100 20 posts you can PM other members to your heart's content Mat.  :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:33:14 PM by Emma »

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 05:46:36 PM »

Do you mean it would be better not to be able to receive pm's as well as not being able to send them as this would then not put you in a difficult position?

Taz x

MAT48

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 06:02:35 PM »

Well yes I do really Taz. I suppose I should just come off this site because I am post meno and have no symptoms so I don't need this forum for myself? But I would hate someone to think I was letting them down and one of my threads had flagged up for her. So you see I don't really want to have to make over 100 posts just in order to be able to PM her back! It's a strange old world isn't it?! How are you anyway Taz2?

lady57

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »

That seems like a good idea as sometimes a new member might want to ask some advice from another following a post that is personal and not want to have to put it on the open forum. 100 posts is a lot to make if you are not naturally gobby.  :-X  Thank you

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 07:16:49 PM »

Thanks Emma.

MAT - I'm fine thank you.  why would you think that being post-meno means you aren't supposed to be on this site when it is often when you become post that the symptoms really kick in?  Post-menopause lasts for the rest of our lives and continues to throw up challenges for all of us. I am sure your "post meno" experiences will be of help to lots of us on here.

Taz x

Pages: [1] 2 3 4