Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Alternate Day Fasting  (Read 77447 times)

Chillout

Re: Alternate Day Fasting
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

I will be fasting again tomorrow apart from a light lunch. Until meno hit I had stayed under eight stone without dieting, just eating home cooked food (along with wineof course >:(). Now I'm eight stone twelve and I hate it, it's got to go >:(. (by the way I am 5'2" and lightly built- so a few pounds goes a long way).

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 07:19:10 PM »

Cut out the WINE for 3 months  ;)

Chillout

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 07:21:20 PM »

:rofl:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 07:27:04 PM »

Wine + sugars = weight gain  ;) .......... as my Husband found out: when he cut all alcohol from his diet for several months he lost weight!

giniboz

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 11:02:43 PM »

Agreed, wine IS very fattening, empty calories, bad for you etc. etc.  But blimey, the menopause is awful enough without trying to struggle through without a nice ice-cold glass of Pinot every now and then!

Well, I have been on the ADF for just over a week now, but have modified it slightly - it is really, really hard to do at weekends, so OH and I are doing the 'fast' on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the other days we are trying to eat no more than we would normally (and actually, am no hungrier either, so it's not a problem at all) good home-cooked food, and a glass of vino or two.  I find that at work it really is OK to do the fasting, if I take an interesting lunch with me to work, and then keep myself busy in the evenings (not too much slobbing about in front of the TV etc), and the fact that I know I can eat a nice breakfast in the morning, sort of makes up for feeling a tiny bit deprived.  It is working for me, and I feel really good.

How's about the rest of you?

Suzi Q

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 04:35:00 AM »

As long as oyu are not drinking one or 2 glasses of wine a night
If you do and you feel you need them
Then hunnie you have a problem
As for the fast it sounds the way your doing it about right about how I eat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

giniboz

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 07:08:22 AM »

Ps.  Weighed myself this morning, and have lost another pound - excellent.  And feel really good too!  :)

zelda

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 07:31:05 AM »

so you are doing 3 days fasting? how many calories on the fasting days?

Rowan

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 08:34:22 AM »

I think that inter mitten fasting is a great idea, eg 12 hours of fasting, 12 hours of normal sensible eating, 7pm to 7am is workable.

It rests the digestive system, burns fat and reduces inflammation in the body. We produce most of our cholesterol overnight.

giniboz

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »

Zelda, on the three fasting days, just trying to keep calorie intake at around 400, 5maybe 00 calories, so a nice piece of chicken, big watercress salad, some fruit - or scrambled egg two small slices wholemeal toast, fruit or yoghurt - trying to keep in simple yet filling.  I honestly am not feeling hungry on the fast evenings, and I realise that I have just got into the habit of having a fairly big evening meal, cos that's what I've always done - I don't miss it, and even seem to have a bit more energy. I have a big 'do' in September and have high hopes of being able to fit into my lovely size 10 Monsoon dress, that is currently covered in cobwebs in the wardrobe!

Chillout

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 09:32:07 PM »

Well, my tummy is rumbling but I have stuck to just herbal tea this evening :o

Not made easy by a very skinny hubby who has been eating all evening but tomorrow's a new day and I've got food and Zumba to look forward to :cheer: :cheer:

zelda

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2012, 08:04:11 AM »

Do you find you are eating more than usual on the non fast days?

Chillout

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2012, 08:01:13 PM »

No, curiously the day after the fast I seem to wake up not feeling hungry!
I just eat normally.

pixie

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »

Its interesting how you are all doing.  Do you get less hungry and want to eat less - stomach shrinks maybe because of the fasting :-X day?

KS

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »

I haven't heard of that one but I have been trying the Dukan Diet. It's for rapid weight loss initially and seems to be working. I only need to lose half a stone so it's not too drastic for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17