Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Alternate Day Fasting  (Read 77470 times)

donnarob

Re: Alternate Day Fasting
« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2013, 09:41:50 AM »

Hi Girls,

I have been following the 5:2 diet for 6 weeks now and have lost over 12lbs.  Feel so much better and, very interestingly, don't feel that hungry when I thought I'd be ravenous.  I am also a type 2 diabetic and have found that my blood glucose levels have shot down since I have lost weight.  It's a bit of faff as I have to gauge my carb intakes for the diabetes, but usually stick to low carb meals on the fasting days.  I find soup keeps me going and I always try and eat at least one apple during the day, never fails to keep me regular!

It helps if you have a buddy doing the same days as you.  In my case, my daughter has joined me and she has also lost weight.  It's not a huge amount, but steady 1lb of fat per week.

What I have found, is that it really opened my eyes to the amount of hidden calories in things which you would just generally graze on.  It makes you so much more aware and the plus side is that on non fasting days, you a) don't seem to be so hungry and b) are very much aware of the calorific values in foods.  I find eating a piece of chicken or salmon with a big salad or green veggies really fills you up and having a stock cupboard filled with loads of herbs and spices.

Good luck,
Donnarob x
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]