Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Changing HRT - ill again  (Read 19312 times)

Londongirl

Changing HRT - ill again
« on: August 01, 2012, 09:10:25 AM »

:'(

Hello everyone

5 months on Femoston Conti and I felt fantastic (immediately actually) however each month had periods (the first few going on forever.........) so GP decided to put me on FemSeven Contin Patch. 

3 weeks on Patch - felt terrible - symptoms returned, felt down again and just like prior to HRT so
GP puts me on Kliofem

2 weeks this Friday will be on Kliofem - feel very very relaxed indeed but somewhat tired and bloated.......... this weekend I did get a draught on me and now am really ill again!   Feel throaty (swollen glands) coughing, sweating and like I have damn flu! 

Now this could be just bad luck and a dose of a really bad cold/flu but my fear is that the Kliofem is bringing back symptoms I had prior to HRT.

I know I have to give it a bit longer and have to say I do generally feel more relaxed.  The tiredness is worrying me a bit and bloating but again am hoping that this will subside with time. 

Am sweating a lot today but am again hoping its down to the cold I have right now and believe me it's a bad one, coughing, feeling sick and throat like the bottom of a birds cage! 

I wonder also if altering the time I take the tablets has had an effect as I was taking them first thing in the day but as I was then feeling sick later on I decided to start taking them at night. 

Don't really know what my question is now but I think I am just wondering if changing from one HRT preparation to another can lower your resistance at all?

Have to say also that it seems, apart from the HRT and meno, that these days I just can't afford to get a draught on me or take on too much stress as it sends me downhill again. 

Feeling low and fed up in London
Anna  :'(

Taz2

Re: Changing HRT - ill again
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »

Sorry you are so low and fed up Anna but it sounds as if you have the bug which is going around - summer flu - which is horrible!

I'm sorry that the femseven didn't agree with you. I am on this at the moment and am just starting my third month. I have had breakthrough bleeding (which I always get on a conti HRT) and have been very bloated but this is now starting to settle and the flushes have almost gone now. Although it is horrible feeling ill I just want to say that three weeks is not really long enough to let it settle. I was on Kliofem for a while but got constant bleeding on that one and also felt very sick and unhappy.

Was bleeding your only problem with Femoston conti?

Taz x

paisley

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 01:59:18 PM »

Hi hope you feel better soon.
I know this doesn't help you but after my 5th different hrt and still bad hormonally you have given me hope cos  it makes me believe that different hrts do work for some and not others so perhaps there is one out there for me.
Perhaps it was just a bad dose of something you picked up.

Londongirl

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 07:40:25 PM »

Hi Paisley !

What are you on now then ?  Are you peri meno or post?

Anna

paisley

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 07:46:31 PM »

I am on progynova 2mg in morning and 1mg at night but this is not doing any good so I am going to change to Estradot 50mg

2cats

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 01:30:09 PM »

I was just about to post something very similar London girl...I started on HRT tridestra pills on Monday (was on femseven sequi patches ) and have to say that I too feel more relaxed BUT last night I started feeling very sicky, dizzy and heady.  I still feel the same today though my appetite has come back a bit more. 
Like you I'm wondering if I have a bug or if this HRT is making me feel like this??  I feel really shattered too.

I think your symptoms sound like a bug so hopefully you will start to improve over the weekend.  Best of luck :)

Londongirl

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 11:16:12 PM »

Hi 2 Cats

Yes I read your other post.  How you doing now?  Why did you change - was it from patch to tablet? 

I have had some sort of bug for sure and still not feeling great.  The worrying thing is that today I have been feeling hot........... on and off and do feel like it's meno related as I know those sweats ( had them for near on 3 years before I took the plunge with HRT!). 

Furthermore, I have to say that since I started on Kliofem I just haven't had that much energy........ OK, so it could have been the slow beginning of a bug and just coincidental with starting Kliofem but I just don't feel that great like I did when I started Femoston Conti. 

So...... I think I will give it another week, maybe two and see how I feel.  If I still feel a bit below par I think I will go back to doctor and ask to go back on femoston conti. 

I felt fantastic on femoston conti and only came off it because I was having monthly bleeds ( and have been period free for 3 years so am post meno). 

Would rather have bleeding each month and feel good then be on an HRT which doesn't cause bleeds but doesn't make me feel that great! 

Incidentally, two weeks on Kliofem and am now having a first bleed! 

I am reading more into the different types of HRT and perhaps I don't need the 2mg estradiol and can cope with 1mg but need something equivalent to femoston conti and can't see anything which replaces it closely. 

Not easy is it!

Hope you feel better soon 2cats.
Love
Anna

2cats

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 08:53:56 AM »

Hi Anna,  well I still feel bloody awful!  I still have a headache which is on the verge of migraine (just like I used to get before patches).  My mouth still tastes foul and I feel sick and generally lousy.  I changed because the patches weren't sticking well and my acute PMS symptoms were lasting 2 weeks at a time.  Tridestra only gives you progesterone for 2 weeks in 3 months so was hoping that was going to sort PMS stuff out.
However, I didn't take my tridestra yesterday and I wont take anymore atm, because I feel so dreadful.  Going back to GP tomorrow hopefully (oh she's going to love it when I walk in again wanting something else!)
It sounds like you really suited Femoston Conti(but for the periods) .  If it was making you feel well in all aspects don't you feel like going back on it?
This HRT lark is a right isn't it?
Take Care :)

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 09:37:45 AM »

It's the Trial and Error which got me down when trying to sort out ADs  :-\ .......... wearysome procedure  :tulips:
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Londongirl

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 08:48:24 PM »

Hi again

Well, I don't know if I still have a virus but am really not feeling great at all. 

My partner told me I don't look well at all today.........

Am giving this Kliofem one more week and if I don't feel any better, I am going back on femoston conti. 

I feel like I have my old symptons prior to taking HRT - throat problems, lots of mucus, very tired.  Mild sweating on and off, nausea and can't bear too much noise or being around crowds. 

I also haven't done any exercise since being on Kliofem, just not up to it.

So, I will give it one more week to see if I feel better and if not,then will go see doctor and suggest I go back on Femoston Conti. 

Would rather live with periods each month and feel great, then feel rough and have no periods!

It's no fun at all is it?

Londongirl

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »

Hi Susan

I was on Femoston Conti.

I was getting quite heavy bleeds at first but these did ease off and the last one was very light. 

I only gave it 5 months and am therefore strongly tempted to ditch the Kliofem and go back on femoston conti because I seriously felt so good. 

I also have a horrible taste in my mouth and feel nauseous so often now. Will try and give it a few more days.
Love
Anna

Bette

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »

This is from the "HRT for Postmeno" section of the menu on the left, Londongirl.
Although some bleeding in the first 6 months of therapy is common, there should not be bleeding after that
Maybe it would have stopped if you'd waited another month or so?
I can't help wondering if it's something to do with the prog. in Femoston. It's one of the more modern and supposedly "kinder" progs. but it does seem to cause bleeding/spotting problems. I'm having spotting issues again with Femoston sequi although I think being on extra prog. from the mini-pill is part of the problem.
Bette x
If you want a thing done well, get a couple of old broads to do it. Bette Davis.

2cats

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 08:23:55 AM »

You're very brave sticking out another week London girl; your symptoms of disgusting taste in mouth and feeling so lousy sounds very like mine. 
My headache developed into migraine yesterday but luckily my husband found that SYNDOL was back in stock in chemists so was able to get rid of it within a few hours.
Today I've woken up feeling physically better thank goodness.  I haven't had tridestra since Friday lunchtime and I put a FEMSEVEN patch back on yesterday afternoon. 
Back to the drawing board for me! 
Let us know how you feel once you get back on FEMOSTON. :)

Londongirl

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 08:43:10 AM »

Morning all. 

Like 2cats I am at the point where I can't stand this feeling anymore.

OK, so I know I have only given Kliofem just over two weeks but I am feeling rough............ I know I feel like I did prior to taking HRT and I know how bad that was and now is!   

I woke up this morning and am feeling "hot" again which is something I have been feeling now for two weeks and am also having disturbed sleep again.

I rang my doctors this morning and have tried to see someone this week but no one is available until next Monday. 

I can't take feeling like this another week so am going to stop the Kliofem and go back on femoston conti which I still have and will just stay on those now for good! 

Thanks again for all your help!

Anna

Bette

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 09:06:23 AM »

You know your own body better than anyone else, Anna, so I'm sure that you're right to follow your instincts.  :yes:
Let us know how it goes.
Bette x
If you want a thing done well, get a couple of old broads to do it. Bette Davis.
Pages: [1] 2