Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope without HRT  (Read 235592 times)

Taz2

Re: Tell us how you cope without HRT
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2013, 02:45:22 PM »

Sounds a bit like it then Gypsy - sorry. It's not long since June in the whole scheme of things. You will learn to carry tampons everywhere with you for the next few years!!  ;D

Taz x

Gypsy

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2013, 06:17:21 PM »

Sounds a bit like it then Gypsy - sorry. It's not long since June in the whole scheme of things. You will learn to carry tampons everywhere with you for the next few years!!  ;D

Taz x

Thanks for cheering me up!   ::)

Taz2

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2013, 08:27:08 PM »

You're welcome  ;D

It's just that you can go months and months without a period and then one arrives out of the blue and sometimes it can be quite a sudden, heavy loss. It's not good if you are caught out without any protection. You have only missed three periods so it is still early days but, then again, you  might never have another one. There is just no way of knowing.

Taz

Gypsy

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »

Yes, I'm sure you're right, Taz. The June period is the only one I've had this year, so I was hoping it might be the last - especially since the flushes and sweats started relatively soon after it.
Maybe it's false optimism, but I'm hanging onto the hope that the periods have finished and the flushes/sweats are now under control from taking Evening Primrose and Starflower oil. No harm in keeping positive is there? ;)

Taz2

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2013, 10:30:02 PM »

I agree! I just wanted to mention the fact that a lot of members have thought that periods were at an end and that flushes had stopped only to find another period arrives.

Mine fluctuated for quite a few years - even going "missing" for nine months on a couple of occasions before starting again before I began HRT so I have no idea when they would have finally finished.

Now I am off HRT I  might try your combination if my flushes don't stop!

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2013, 11:07:34 PM »

By the way.. how are your travels going? Weren't you going to keep us updated with a travel diary or have I missed it?

Taz x :)

Rowan

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »

Think I have posted this before but its probably been lost

http://www.gp-training.net/pal/therapy/hrtselfhelp.htm

Worth printing out.

Gypsy

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2013, 04:23:58 PM »

Yes, I saw that link before, Silverlady.

Taz, you haven't missed anything. I thought we'd be going off in our motorhome this month, but we've gone to Ireland instead to house-sit for a friend. We'll be leaving for Europe in the motorhome in November - so the travelogue is a bit delayed! :)

Taz2

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2013, 05:43:49 PM »

Ah right!! Well Ireland is still further than I've been this year!

Taz x

Cassie

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2013, 07:44:43 AM »

Hi Silverlady, just a question, apologies, as I may have missed an earlier thread but am I understanding correctly, you are currently using a HRT patch and Serenity Progesterone cream, do you get a bleed on this? I would love to be able to use the Progesterone cream but my Dr informed me that it would  not be strong enough to oppose the Oestrogen, so I was forced to use a stronger Progesterone, but have heard such great stuff re this cream.

Thankyou.

Rowan

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2013, 08:09:31 AM »

Cassie I have had a hysterectomy.

I use a 25 estrogen patch usually change it once a week, and dab on Serenity cream once in a while. I am post menopause and don't need hormones for symptoms.

Your Dr is right especially if you are still in peri menopause and using estrogen.

The natural progesterone can be used on its own though and this is why you have read good reports about it. Some women do fine on it alone.

Cassie

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2013, 08:22:07 AM »

Aah I missed that part, thx Silverlady.

jo61

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2013, 09:55:24 AM »

after reading your previous posts silverlady I decided to give natural progesterone a try. My symptoms are anxiety,internal tremors etc,when I tried HRT I couldn't get past the few days of the estrogen without me feeling like I was going to have a heart attack, I purchased mine from Amazon and have found the cream has helped me I used every morning and after a week I found that the symptoms were subsiding did not know if it was the cream or just my natural cycle although I am not using it everyday now . I don't think it was estrogen I needed but the progesterone I am feeling lots better and hope it lasts.

Rowan

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2013, 04:58:51 PM »

Anyone looking for an alternate to HRT may found this helpful

http://www.greenhealthwatch.com/newsstories/newsboron/boron-safer-hrt.htm

Gypsy

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2013, 10:00:48 PM »

I agree! I just wanted to mention the fact that a lot of members have thought that periods were at an end and that flushes had stopped only to find another period arrives.

Mine fluctuated for quite a few years - even going "missing" for nine months on a couple of occasions before starting again before I began HRT so I have no idea when they would have finally finished.

Now I am off HRT I  might try your combination if my flushes don't stop!

Taz x

Update... well I did have a slight bleed - but it was so light I didn't even need to break out the tampons. That was two weeks ago, and the flushes haven't come back... not yet anyway. So I'm hoping that the Starflower and Evening Primrose regime is having a positive impact.    :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13