Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: sore vulva  (Read 25104 times)

mystic

Re: sore vulva
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »

Hi i can relate to your post as i suffered from a dry,sore and burning vulva a few years ago and like yourself seen a Dr to no avail.As i didn't know what the problem was although the gynaecologist said i should be reviewed as it looked like the start of the menopause( i was never reviewed), so i started using KY gel to relieve my discomfort and it really helped get me through that time ..my vulva was really angry red and sore i actually made my husband have a look as i could not believe how red it was, hope you get some relief soon as it is a most unpleasant symptom.:(

4tinu3ti

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 03:58:28 PM »

Hi everyone. Went to see doctor Tuesday, she said " I dont know what it is, why dont you make an appointment at the hopsital, but it could be menopausal"  and that was it ! She didnt tell me have to find out if it is menopausal. I rang the hopital to see if i could be  make an appointment with out the doctors referral and they have booked me into the G.U clinic !!! how embarrassing will that be? why do they have to put the vulva clinic in with the G.U clinic? well anyway i go nxt Thursday, see if they know what it is, I wont hold my breath ! ! Thanks for all replies. xxx

4tinu3ti

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »

Hi. thanks for your reply 63juls. Did you put the oestrogen cream directly on the vulva or rub it on the body? Did it help straight away? Ive tried progesterone cream rubbed on the body it stung when applied to the  vulva but it hasnt made much difference  but it has lifted my mood a little. I think i might try the oestrogen cream. Where you still having regular periods then? sorry for all the questions ! xx

Ghiro

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 04:35:54 PM »

Hi oldb4tym

IMHO - I wouldn't try using anything else on your vulva in the run up to your hospital appointment or after while you are waiting for results - just wash it in plain water and dab dry.

Take a list of everything that has been near/put on your vulva as they haven't got a referral letter from your doctor.

http://vulvalpainsociety.org/  maybe read up on this - not to frighten yourself but to be able to ask questions at the hospital.

Your GPs next step may be oestrogen - either Ovestin cream or Vagifem pessaries - if the hospital rules everything else out.

Hope it goes well for you thurs.

Ghiro x

silverlady

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 03:09:55 PM »

I don't wish to be awkward but natural progesterone can be appied to the vaginal area with good effect, you only have to google to find loads of information on this  eg.   http://www.moondragon.org/obgyn/disorders/bacterialvaginitis.html

If a doctor will not prescribe estrogen cream, and other reasons for the problem have investigated for the problem and nothing found , then at least a woman has another option in her own hands. Its better then nothing. I would rather use it then the other non hormonal lubricants.

I have a plumped up vagina and  no sign of dryness and atrophy, but I still get irratation sometimes , the skin everywhere gets more sensitive as a woman gets older, I apply progesterone cream and it soothes.

I hope old4tym gets a solution soon and the treatment she needs.

silverlady x

silverlady

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »

"Hi everyone. I would especially like to thank Silverlady for suggesting progesterone cream, I have only used it for two days and feeling a lot better, slowly getting back to feeling 'normal 'again. Thanks for that"

"Hi. thanks for your reply 63juls. Did you put the oestrogen cream directly on the vulva or rub it on the body? Did it help straight away? Ive tried progesterone cream rubbed on the body it stung when applied to the  vulva but it hasnt made much difference  but it has lifted my mood a little. I think i might try the oestrogen cream. Where you still having regular periods then? sorry for all the questions ! xx"

I suggested it as an alternative not because it is a favourite product of mine, there are many many women who have been helped by it, just as there are many many women who found relief with estogen cream. Its about choices. Some women cannot use estrogen in any form. Also old4tyn had already brought progesterone cream and was asking if it could be used on the vulva, I replied that it could be.

It helped old4tym for a few days and  then she posted that it didn't, I hope she will be helped by estrogen cream if that is what she needs. If I was desperate and asked for for help I would hope the other ladies would get back to me on everything that has helped them, I have been helped by progesterone cream and I posted my experience that is all.

Please read through the threads again Susan and you will see that I was not pushing my "favourite product" but wanting to help old4tym.

silverlady x

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:11:30 PM by silverlady »

Trey

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »

A few comments.  One is I think we should not criticize anyone for trying to help.  Two oldeb4 Tyne, gynest is an anti fungal I believe.  I use Estrace, but would NEVER use Premarin as it is an equine based estrogen and not bio identical.  I used it years ago and it made things much worse.  It all depends on which hormones you are lacking.  Also, that you don't have Chlamydia  or other fungal/ yeast.

This is not rocket science and a swab or two looked under a scope should eliminate some culprits.  A culture should identify bacteria.  I worked for urologists for a number of years and surely this is very solvable.   

There is also something called lichen sclerosis which takes a v high dose of short term steroid cream

Good luck on your appt.  don't let them brush you off.

English Rose

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well well, what a debate this is turning out to be...

Re Trey's comment: gynest is an anti fungal I believe No, I believe it's an oestrogen cream (well, here in the UK anyway - can't speak for other countries)- Gynest is 0.01% Estriol - so effectively the same as Ovestin cream but just a different trade name. It's on the list of vaginal treatments (green menu, HRT preparations, vaginal treatments) on the left.

All the best x
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:45:16 PM by English Rose »

Trey

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 09:51:36 PM »

Whoops, I thought it must be short for our Gynelotramin which is an anti fungal.  Thanks for the correction.

grumpy2008

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 09:45:37 AM »

This is not rocket science and a swab or two looked under a scope should eliminate some culprits.

I agree. I don't understand why the doctor or nurse hasn't taken a swab?

silverlady

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »

Thank you Trey, I also wondered why the doctor did not suggest swabs, the practice nurse could have done them and sent them off to the hospital to be analysed, it seems a simple thing to do.

Her doctor seemed not keen to prescribe estrogen cream to see if it helped or do some simple tests to see if anything was going on.

We can only comment on what what oldb4tym has told us in her posts though and help with our suggestions.

silverlady x

English Rose

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 06:10:57 PM »

Hello again - I notice that the original poster of his query has now left the forum - is this something that can happen regularly? I am a bit concerned due to the personal nature of the topic/ posts (could it have been a hoax??) - and I am considering removing my posts.  Would be grateful for advice, thanks x 

Trey

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 06:18:12 PM »

63juls, no advice, but that is just plain odd.  Strange and discomforting due to the highly personal nature of the subject.

I've not seen that happen before.

silverlady

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 08:31:21 PM »

I lay in bed last night wondering about this and thinking this sounds odd and thought does all this sound like what has happened before on the forum or am I just being paranoid . I really hope it was not a set up.

I was calling her old4tym aswell why was that? and she was 4tinu3t1 why was that?

I don't know if I am going off my head in the last few days or what  ???

silverlady x

English Rose

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 08:51:44 PM »

Hi silverlady

"I was calling her old4tym aswell why was that? and she was 4tinu3t1 why was that? "

The persons' original user name was 4tinu3ti, which then changed to oldb4tym.......all very odd.

I have alerted Emma, the moderator, but I think in the meantime I will remove any of my posts containing sensitive information, just to be on he safe side.

This has now made me very reluctant re posting personal info on here in the future.......

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:42:38 PM by English Rose »
Pages: 1 [2] 3