Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 78

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 787148 times)

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #1065 on: August 11, 2019, 01:18:01 AM »

Thx. Awesome ladies...just wasn't sure why moisturizers as well.  I'm not in a relationship so sex is not an issue.

sprocket

• Shoot from the hip!
« Reply #1066 on: August 13, 2019, 01:09:42 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM GrannyAli
You are not alone with these problems.
I found that the oestrogen creams irritated and burned and many of us prefer Vagifem although this can burn a bit as well. We believe it's the fillers in these products that cause irritation. I find using vaginal
Moisturiser is essential - SYLK or the YES products are best. I also use a bit of Multi Gyn Actigel the morning after I've used Vagifem to neutralise any irritation caused by the fillers.
Avoid anything scented near you intimate area, especially shampoo. Avoid tight clothing and keep the area as cool as possible. Avoid caffien, fruit juices and alcohol but drink plenty of water.
Get some of those moisturisers to try and go commando with flowing skirts if you can to help calm things down. You may find that when you use the cream only twice a week it may feel better. The initial 2 week daily dose is supposed to plump everything up to stop any systemic absorption but many ladies find they need Vagifem  almost every day or every other day.
Keep us posted about your progress. If you can find the thread on this site ‘The Burning Club' you may find this helpful. DG x
[/quote

Dancing girl, do you know where to find current guidence on ovestin use? I think I want to continue it nightly ( Ive been on it for 3 wks ) but cant find anything to say its ok to continue until there relief. Im thinking I cant be on it nightly for 3 or 4 months when improvement might be more evident.
So frustrating.
X

Sammiejane

« Reply #1067 on: October 23, 2019, 01:15:14 PM »

hi

i've been using ovestin cream for 10mths and think it may have stopped working the dampness i was getting be it urine or watery discharge soaking knickers had stopped or pretty much was more thicker discharge but the last 3-4 weeks i'm constantly damp knickers wet pain in lower abdomen the minute i sit down my knickers are wet it's so uncomfortable i'm not dry down there at all but could the ovestin be causing the wetness or is it not enough ovestin i use twice weeks or has it stopped working ?

Brownie

« Reply #1068 on: October 28, 2019, 02:50:39 PM »

Not coping to well, just waiting to see doctor  not sure if I have thrush(again) or if vaginal dryness has kicked in (again) . Some symptoms are similar and I also dont have the discharge associated with thrush  either way I'm on fire and uncomfortable. Help!!

KarenL

« Reply #1069 on: October 30, 2019, 11:01:50 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here, I'm 58 and just 2 years since my last period, late starter, late finisher.... lol.  Anyway, I've had spotting problems on and off for the last year, had quite a few hysteroscopys and biopsies taken, thankfully nothing found but a couple of polyps which were removed, and small fibroids, but the spotting continued.  I saw a different consultant a couple of weeks ago,  and again had the hysteroscopy and biopsies, he has told me it's VA and prescribed Vagifem.  After reading through posts on here, it seems everyone has taken it everyday for 2 weeks then twice weekly, as it says on the leaflet.  But I've been told to use it 3 times a week, nothing at all mentioned about the 2 weeks thing.  Did anyone else start with it this way?xx
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 11:07:25 PM by KarenL »

Joaniepat

« Reply #1070 on: October 31, 2019, 07:12:07 AM »

Hi KarenL, welcome to the forum.  You definitely need to do the 14 day loading dose. The 3 x week instruction is for after you have done that. Good luck.

JP x

KarenL

« Reply #1071 on: October 31, 2019, 09:40:38 AM »

Thank Joaniepat.  I've just rang my surgery and they read the consultants letter to me, and he doesn't mention taking for 2 weeks first then dropping down.  He only says to use 3 times a week  :-\ xx

Biscuits

« Reply #1072 on: October 31, 2019, 05:09:42 PM »

I need serious advice about how to keep my Vagifem from falling out. Three days in a row, I've had to use it twice a day because I wipe, and it's on my tissue. Even when I place it up as far as I can inside.

Joaniepat

« Reply #1073 on: October 31, 2019, 05:45:16 PM »

I need serious advice about how to keep my Vagifem from falling out. Three days in a row, I've had to use it twice a day because I wipe, and it's on my tissue. Even when I place it up as far as I can inside.

Hello Biscuits, welcome to the forum.

Vagifem not dissolving indicates that you are dry inside, so you could either insert some vaginal moisturiser beforehand, or switch to Ovestin which is a cream.

If you go down the moisturiser route, choose one without chemical nasties, which can irritate the delicate tissues. Yes products are best, or maybe Sylk.

JP x

Biscuits

« Reply #1074 on: October 31, 2019, 06:08:09 PM »

Thank you SO MUCH, Joaniepat!

This has been worrying me so much. I'll most definitely take your advice  :)

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #1075 on: October 31, 2019, 06:12:47 PM »

Hi Biscuits...had the same problem...Joaniepat gave great advice.  My Dr. told me to use a little bit of moisturizer on the tip of the pessary.  It worked.

Biscuits

« Reply #1076 on: October 31, 2019, 06:34:50 PM »

Wonderful! You caught me just as I was looking at it on Amazon and wondering how I'm supposed to use it for this purpose. Thank you!

Lunalowe

« Reply #1077 on: November 24, 2019, 11:10:39 AM »

Hi Fluffy and all,

I have just started to read this amazing helpful but very long thread!

I wondered about your experience of dong quai now ? I am 48 and have just hit proper meno - and EVERYTHING has dried up including my libido and sex is now painful for the first time in my life.. :'( :'

I really don't want to use estriol / local oestrogen as I was prescribed it before and think it massively ramped up my adenomyosis (similar to endo) after a few months using from moderate pain to making my life unbearable for 3-4 days a month .. I know its not meant to affect you systemically but my hugely swollen breastfeeding like boobs told another story!

so VERY interested in any other remedies anyone with endometriosis or adenomyosis as found which haven't led to a flare up.

Have seen sea buckthorn mentioned as well and bit scared as have seen leaky gut mentioned and other nasty side effects possible...

Any help very gratefully received !

Lunalowe

Lunalowe

« Reply #1078 on: November 24, 2019, 06:33:21 PM »

Hello I'm a new bod to the forum.....

!

Months down the line where it become unbearable to have intercourse & after waiting a month for an appointment for a female Dr, I have been diagnosed with VA.

She has prescribed Estirol which seems to be starting to work (after a swift road test).

My concerns are that I've never had children due to endometriosis and the paperwork says to 'take special care' if you've suffered with this. I'm not sure what 'special care' is as it doesn't go on to say what you should be looking for?? I'd hate to be all lovely and silky down below and then find out that it has created another problem! Any help would be great!

Also, can you put the cream in after intercourse? Assume that it will still work?

Hi Mrs Dude...just wondering how you got on. I've had a similar problem with adenomysosis which can also flare up with oestrogen.. and am not sure about taking estriol though am not very happy with sore painful sex  :'(

Did it work for you and did you manage to get any special / proper advice to help you manage the amount etc ? .....

Thanks...

LunaLowe

BMFEVA6166

• First Flush
« Reply #1079 on: February 18, 2020, 01:50:26 PM »

I had a reaction to Ovestin. Caused cystitis type symptoms. Definite association, as stopped then started again with same reaction.
I find emollient wash (Aveeno baby) and replens good but still want the hormone replacement for many other reasons so restarting systemic HRT.
I printed off the latest availability of products from the website for my surgery following several wild goose chases. Why they haven't done that already after such a known problem is beyond me.
Great website.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 78