Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 78

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 787143 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #960 on: September 22, 2017, 10:02:59 PM »

I have used a good lubricant for sex for many years - I think it's really essential. I use Durex Extra Glide. The oestrogen treatments can only do so much and  many women use vaginal Moisturisers as well e.g. SYLK - alongside the oestrogen treatments but don't use these at the same time. DG x

jaycee

« Reply #961 on: October 08, 2017, 05:39:47 PM »

I have been prescibed Vagifem, but find it seems to leak down, i do use as instructed but still seem to have some leakage of it
Anyone else on Vagifem found this?

jaycee

« Reply #962 on: October 10, 2017, 01:04:27 PM »

Following on from my last post, i now seem to have thrush, as very itchy, i have recently started using panty liners since having the leakage, so could it be a reaction to those maybe?

ancient runner

« Reply #963 on: October 10, 2017, 01:44:44 PM »

If you're using perfumed liners, maybe. Otherwise it's probably all part of the vaginal problems which meant you're on vagifem. You didn't say what the leakage was - is it dissolved pessary? Clear?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #964 on: October 10, 2017, 03:13:09 PM »

What goes up has to come down?  If the product is working then the vagina will become more moist so excess will run out.  Which is why many ladies use it at night time.  If it's true atrophy one will need treatment for Life.  (read our appropriate threads?)

Kodell: do have a read round the Forum.  At least your partner can talk to you about his needs too.  Surely that's the basis of a good relationship, being able to discuss without feeling it's about 'you' or about 'the partner'?  There is a spiel on here somewhere to hand to the men ;-) which explains menopause. 

Panty liners can cause infections .......... either by trapping any leakage which can encourage too much moisture which bugs love or by drying out 'down there'. 

jaycee

« Reply #965 on: October 10, 2017, 08:25:40 PM »

The leakage looks like dissolved pessary, but also seemed to have a bit of creamy looking discharge,[sorry tmi]

ancient runner

« Reply #966 on: October 10, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »

At risk of TMI - we used to have natural lubrication and it sounds like the pessary is working! I wouldn't worry unless you think it might be thrush.

jaycee

« Reply #967 on: October 11, 2017, 11:07:30 AM »

Its the itchiness, not terrible, but i have left the panty liners off, but looking at Livial side effects they can cause itchiness and thrush too,
I will just watch and wait for a whle i think
Thanks for replies

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #968 on: October 11, 2017, 11:53:35 AM »

jaycee - use LIVE yoghurt - eaten and applied into the vagina - obviously keeping the pots separate ;-).  Helps keep the whole digestive system healthy.  Eat large spoonfuls of Greek live yoghurt for 5-6 days ........ applying it is cooling.  Nothing is too much info.!

jaycee

« Reply #969 on: October 11, 2017, 03:10:59 PM »

Thank you will try the live yoghurt, heard of this before,i do have some thrush cream from when i had a UTI so using that just now
Also on Livial, and it can cause thrush too,it says in leaflet

Dancinggirl

« Reply #970 on: October 12, 2017, 10:50:17 AM »

I'm itchy at the moment - got too hot in tight trousers yesterday and this always triggers this. I'm using the Multi Gyn Actigel to sort this when I get these symptoms  - it's very soothing, though it can burn a bit at first. Multi Gyn rebalances the vaginal flora so bacteria and thrush can't thrive and I find I don't need to use the thrush creams that I find very irritating to my ‘lady bits'. 
I use SYLK everyday as well - fab stuff to keep things healthy and moisturised. Dg x

jaycee

« Reply #971 on: October 12, 2017, 11:35:17 AM »

Hi Dancing girl,someone else mentioned the Multi Gyn too where can i get this from? it is very annoying isnt it? you get something for one complaint and it causes another,
I have some cream for thrush but it does burn a bit
Do you use the sylk instead of or as well as something like vagifem?and can it be bought or on prescription?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #972 on: October 12, 2017, 05:18:27 PM »

jaycee -  I get the Multi Gyn Actigel though a 'well known' shopping website! I also buy the SYLK in bulk from them as well.
I use Sylk at least once a day after showering and if I feel that thrush or BV is brewing (so feel itchy or sore) then I use Multi Gyn 2-3 times a day until things are better. You can use both together - you just mustn't use these things at the same time as oestrogen creams as they will form a barrier that will stop the oestrogen absorbing. Dg x

jaycee

« Reply #973 on: October 12, 2017, 06:39:44 PM »

Thank you will have a look at that website :)

Suzi Q

« Reply #974 on: October 23, 2017, 12:34:49 PM »

I am a divorced 61 year old woman.  I had gone two years without having sex when I met a man and we wanted to have a sexual relationship.  My Dr. prescribed Estrace (Estrogen vaginal cream).  It seemed to work fine.  We broke up months later.  Now I am in another relationship.  We waited six months before starting a sexual relationship.  Since we have been having sex (I'm still using Estrace) I'm finding myself a little more dry, but still able to have satisfying intercourse.  He has now complained twice that I am too dry and it is causing a lot of discomfort for him.  I know I should not take this personally, but it is affecting my self-esteem.  I am not sure why the Estrace worked with the other man, but does not seem to be working with this man.  I have always had problems with my self-esteem (my body image has also changed since menopause).  Now I am hesitant to have sex with him again.

Men too self lubrucate droplets of semenial fluid as they you know in out etc.
As they get older they too dry up. So it might not be just you pet.x
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 78