Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Author Topic: Drooping eyelids  (Read 7242 times)

Hyacinth

Drooping eyelids
« on: November 02, 2011, 09:53:04 AM »

Does anyone have any tips for a natural way to help drooping lids?

My left eyelid has suddenly gone really droopy and is really annoying.  I have to keep raising my eyebrows to see properly.  Also I feel like I have something in my eye and keep pulling at my eyelashes and pulling down my bottom lid.

I tried a tea bag this morning and I think it helped a bit but it was very temporary.

I'd have a blepharoplasty if I could afford one! :(
Still with his eyes on the world, Christopher Robin put out a hand and felt
for Pooh's paw.

Suzi Q

Re: Drooping eyelids
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:42:16 AM »

Im sorry I dont have any ideas I think they just drop with age
I do the HAKA open my eyes wide open my mouth wide and open and close its supposed to be good for the facial nerves
I have had a habbitt all my life of opening my eyes really wide as in lifting your brow maybe try that?
Tea bags are good cucumber for tired eyes but as for droops go to GP say its interfering with your vision
My pal on the Wirral had her eyes done 4 years ago National Health her gp said her droopy lids were interfrering vision
One was bad the other was so so they did both she looks great still does her eyes looked 10 years younger
The Guy who did them also took out her bottom layers of puffiness she paid about 500.00 pounds for that
She didnt go on holidays that year she said as soon as she knew it was being done she arranged the bottoms too
MIne have drooped a bit in the morning they look puffy during the day they get better but they arent like 5 years ago
So your not Billy No Mates xxxxxxxxxxx

Hyacinth

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 12:50:23 PM »

Ha ha, no, I'm certainly not Billy No Mates!!  ;D  I think it may be hereditary too cos my father had it but he also had Parkinson's disease and I had always thought it was related to that.  Maybe not!
for Pooh's paw.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 01:20:02 PM »

Have you shown it to your Dr at all.  AS you say its probably just hereditary droopy eyelids but there are a few medical conditions that can cause this and also I had a friend who everyone said one eye was getting smaller and the eyelids droopy but actually it was her other eye getting bigger due to thyroid eye disease from undiagnosed overactive thryoid.

I am def not trying to scare you and obviously I cannot see you and if I could I would probably just say " the joys of getting older" but after my friends experience ( took her months for anyone to take her seriously) I felt I could not say nothing so to speak!

What i hate the most is that my eyebrows would if left to their own devices join up with my eyelashes, how can they sprout where they do and be an inch long overnight ;D ;D

Bette

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 02:13:28 PM »

I would definitely check with the gp if it's affecting your field of vision like that.
Bette x
If you want a thing done well, get a couple of old broads to do it. Bette Davis.

Firewalker50

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »

Found this ... there is a post by LittleHotMe describing eye exercises:

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,12622.msg212110.html#msg212110

Thanks Sunshineza (and originally LittleHotMe)- I have copied them and will give them a go.  My right eyebrow or the flesh beneath droops and is visible in photos.  If I am tired, it is more prominent.

Fx

Val.M

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 07:01:14 PM »

Hi one year in

My sister-in-law had this and actually managed to have her eyelids lifted via the NHS :o  Now this was a few years ago and I'm not sure whether this would be available now due to budget cuts etc.

Valxx

Hyacinth

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 07:17:46 PM »

Thanks Sunshineza.  Not sure what is meant by 3. Close lids and stretch upper eyelids downwards in 5 small movements.  I will def give it a go though.

Countrybumpkin, I had my thyroid gland removed about 20 years ago so I don't think I can get thyroid eye.  I will mention it to my endocrinologist when I next go though.

Val, no chance of getting it done on the NHS cos I live abroad!  Anyway, I don't think they would think it severe enough yet.

Thanks everyone xx
for Pooh's paw.

Hyacinth

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 09:02:05 AM »

Oh yes!  That's good - you can do it whilst sitting at the computer!! :-*
for Pooh's paw.