Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 62 out now. (Winter issue, Dec 2020)

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blood type diet  (Read 10673 times)

gilaray

Re: Blood type diet
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 08:37:08 PM »

I have a friend who is absolutely passionate about the blood group diet. To me it's way too draconian. It is incredibly protein heavy, each day is a different meat (excluding chicken) which is eaten for breakfast lunch and dinner. For example if its a pork day its sausages and spinach for breakfast, pork chops for lunch and something else porky for dinner. No carbs, only certain veg, no junk, no fun!!
I believe if you listen to your body it tells you what you need on a day to day basis.

silverlady

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »

Sorry that does not sound like the blood group diet at all here,  sounds like someone who has not read the books properly , also to me it sounds like a person following the Atkins diet and even then not reading his books properly.

Here is a free website for those interested http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/ and gives you an idea.

The blood type diet is not just about food far from it, its about learning about your body and what illnesses it is prone too, how you would react to certain drugs, supplements etc. for instance group O's can be more. susceptible to nervous problems because their bodies can produce more adrenaline.

You have to be into reading every word of the books and understanding the concepts, not skimming and picking out bits and that would be easy for you, thats where people who did the Atkins diet or their version of it went wrong, they never read the books properly. Atkins even had a version of his diet for vegetarians.

Dr Peter D' Adamo's books are about our genetics and blood groups  influencing our health. Scientist now are discovering that what our forebearers ate has an influenceon our present day own health.

I have had my DNA tested as part of  the world wide  Genographic Project. I know where I have come from, my journey out of Africa, and where my family branch started over 12,000 years ago, I am Haplogroup H, and know a little of what conditions they may be prone too. To me its very interesting, to others its probably just boring, but it does seem to tie up with with all Dr A'Damo's research.
Sorry about the lecture ::)

silverlady x

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:15:03 AM by silverlady »

Firewalker50

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 10:37:11 AM »

Not a lecture and not boring at all Silverlady.   

I understand what you said about reading and understanding the diet and the principles behind it before dismissing it - the same with anything - including HRT  ::).

How interesting that you were part of the Genographic Project.  I think genetic science is marvellous and is just touching the surface of how we will be able to use it in the future.

Fx

Suzi Q

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 11:33:34 AM »

I had that genetic thing done
95% Northern European/Gaulic
The chap who read it said I came or ancestors from Scand and Celtic /Gauls
The other 5% was the same as most of the world Sub African

silverlady

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 12:16:09 PM »

Thats interesting Suzi, did you send a cheek swab to America, it took  quite a while for results and they post your results online you are given a number to access it, you can download it all.

http://www.familytreedna.com/faq/answers.aspx?id=10 and

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/index.html

You can agree to your DNA being put in the world Data base and they will find your matches around the world, that was really interesting to me.

I have since another test done my DNA and found out even more. I joined a facebook for people with my Haplogroup H too.

silverlady x

Suzi Q

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 06:11:20 AM »

We are very lucky we are able to trace ancestores right back on Dads side to 1422
Then further backwards to about 1200s
Mums were very easy all came going back un to the mists of time from Ynos Mons Gwallchmai
Mums MUM was the first in verbal history to marry an offlander

silverlady

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 08:55:57 AM »

Thats interesting Suzi, I am sure I read that you said your mum came from aristocratic stock, was it easier then to trace her bloodline?

so far I have only got back to the 1700s on both sides.

The DNA testing is not really to do with personal ancestors a such, though it is done through the maternal line if you are a woman. If a man has his DNA tested they can trace it through the paternal and well as the maternal line.

silverlady x

Suzi Q

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 09:39:09 AM »

Grandmum was the born blanket side to Welsh aristo so was her brother bet 50% of the pop are if you go back far
Dads family were Lrd Let of IOMAN another was  VICAR GEN of IOMAN
One family member married Fletcher Christians Mothers sister so Aunty
All the family were in the house Of Keys there are even today only 5 clans my names and family is one of them
We are direct decendent from the Clan my Grt Grt Grt Grandad was the 4th son of the Clan Leader or scion
The family helped introduce Leecy & sewers Trading merchants one of the founders of the IOMAN steam Pakt company
Also again on the paternal side one of the decendants was the inventor of the Chronomitor
Also my grt grt grt Grandad was the owner of the Harrison shipping lines which still go today Dad still has shares
My grt grt Aunty was the first women on the IOMAN to get a Liquar Licence dead proud of that one one up women
MY son and me had it done Bobbles family his sister traced back it is Scottish direct again to Lairds and a biggie too
Sis in law found out that they had hid Mary Queen of Scots for a few months just over the border in England
she visited the house which was cool it was easy for me as my Welsh heritage is easy and my IOMAN well
We attend the family do the reunions every 2 years and its only direct decendants some are rich some middle some working they are all mixed yet everyone of us is related everybody in Ozz is related to me there are so few of us
Theres only 1 man in the whole of Qld who bears my name and he has a daughter and son she has my name both of them and he has not only the same name as my Dad but my Dads brother I looked in Sydney and found 10 we all met up and they too were direct decendants but they had no idea my grt grt Grandad had 12 sons and 2 daughters
So most stayed on the IOMAN and did the things as above but 1 went to Canada 1 went to USA 1 came to Ozz
Facinating to know where you came from to see pictures as I was able to and paintings of people who went before 

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 11:12:24 AM »

Gosh this is a meander  ;D - Alice Roberts was in a programme about speech and lineage this week - would need to see it again to follow it all! and Jamie is in a programme about how food has been influenced across the UK by immigration.
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!
Pages: 1 [2]