Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 62 out now. (Winter issue, Dec 2020)

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blood type diet  (Read 10682 times)

silverlady

Blood type diet
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:33:02 AM »

My blood type is O, its thinner and less likely to clot (can't remember at the moment whether it is positive or negative) and I have tried to stick to the diet recommended for my blood group through the years since I first read about it.

I know very well that coffee in particular is not good for me as well as certain other foods that made me feel quite unwell along with certain supplements that I avoid, it wasn't until I read about the blood group diet years ago that I realised why.

I have not talked about this before on MM as I know some can be scathing about this sort of thing, but since I have read the latest research and book about it, I thought I might  post some info as some members might be interested.

This you tube is about the blood group O    diet., which is pretty basic but gives you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-VPbbu2pmU&feature=related

I know my blood group type as I  still have my anti-natal card with my visits recorded with my  blood group on it ( this was in a military hospital) I know GPs don't usually tell you your blood group, but probably will if you ask. If you decide to read the books and you know your blood type you will find out a lot of interesting information about what conditions you may be prone too!

silverlady x
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:22:11 AM by silverlady »

CLKD

Re: Blood type diet
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 12:30:14 PM »

However blood is blood, there to do a job and it's our gut that is influenced by our diets!  Blood is cleansed regularly which I take for granted so long as my system works well.  If I eat something that doesn't 'agree' with me though my guts roll  :sick02: - some medications make me very sick indeed.  Nothing to do with my blood!  All centres on the activity of the gut. 

Allergic reactions can race round the body in the blood stream as can some awful illnesses ....... i.e. menigitis.  But it isn't the blood's 'fault'  ;)!
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

silverlady

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »

Maybe CLKD if you were to read the books you might think differently, its not just about diet. After my Hysterectomy while still in hospital, a few days later they came round to give me a jab supposedly to stop blood clots, my wound was healing with no sign of bruising, the next day I had developed bruising and what I was told was gathering of blood on one side of the wound, they were going to give me another jab, but i refused it and told them I was Blood group O and did not want another one, they called my consultant when she saw it told the nurse not to give me another jab.

This was a  personal experience that I had and we are all different.

People who are blood group 0 are prone to ulcers, some cultures lack the enzyme to digest certain foods,  a lot of Chinese cannot tolerate alcohol, I read all this in the books.

silverlady x

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »

I am O res Negative
How do you cleanse blood?
You can cleanse your system through diet and water
The only thing I know about that type of thing is Dialisis ?
One of our family members is HIV if it was possible for her to cleanse her blood of the HIV?
Then surely it would have been available word wide?
As an ex nurse only a SEN I grant you but even so Ive never heard of such a thing
As for the clotting its called coaglitives (cant spell it sorry)
I dont have enough in my body when I have a cut I pour blood like the Trevi Fountain
I was told to aviod Asprin even Disprin because of it.
I always thought type O was Universal?
I cant give blood cos of my problem plus Ive had a tropical disease and the antibodies are in my blood

I refused a test for my son at 1 day old they came around and went to give him a needle and I refused
The maternity sister gave me a right telling off so much so I threatened to take baby and leave
It took my GP to come to the hospital to explain why I still refused didnt see the need for it
Mind he has had every inoculation I just didnt like that one
I didnt know blood types came up you had more chance of sufering from certain illnessesd is cancer in there?

silverlady

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 01:19:23 PM »

Suzi it not about cleansing the blood its about certain foods effecting the blood according to your blood type, its best to read the books and make up your own mind. The Dr who wrote the books is continuing his father's work and research, he was also a doctor.

I happen to find it very interesting and do try to keep to blood type recommendations.  Others I am sure will not agree with it at all, but some
might want to learn more.  I am interested in genetics so like research on this.

silverlady x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 03:54:10 PM »

He keeps saying 'probably' and saying that 'various studies' without quoting or referencing the studies - I wonder who is paying his ideas? some organic food Company?  Off to GOOGLE this 'Dr'.

Apparently he has been awarded some kind of 'degree' in 1982 - I have e-mailed a medical friend in the US for more information on him. 

(  "Naturopathic Doctorate (ND)" from Bastyr College, Seattle WA, in 1982 )
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:59:35 PM by CLKD »

silverlady

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 04:51:43 PM »

I avoid certain foods thatI know don't agree with me, I have read the books and they coincide with those foods, I have had full allergy food test with Allergycare about 15 years ago and the same foods came up.

I am very healthy and have no medical conditions that need medication. I am interested in preventative health care, and I would never mock any researcher or author's books especially if I had not read them.

I like to pass on what I have learned and its up to others to decide for themselves.

"Probably yet another one of these Doctors who has 'bought' his degree up some back street or from some dubious organization"

I think that is not the right assumption, I think you will find he is a little more then that. His books are not about medicine from other cultures.

http://www.dadamo.com/science_writings.htm

silverlady x
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:09:48 PM by silverlady »

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 06:58:12 PM »

KatieLiz

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 07:35:49 PM »

Just had a look at the link Taz put up.  Although it covered the blood types it didn't show any Rhesus Negative blood types.  I am the same as SuziQ and have O neg blood type.  Apparently O is the most common type but Rhesus Negative either O A or B only accounts for 25% of the population.

If you have O negative blood, your blood can be given to any other blood type, but you can only receive O negative in a blood transfusion.  Also when you are pregnant you have to have the anti D injection because if your blood mixes with the baby's and it is positive, there can be problems with future pregnancies where you produce antibodies that can reject the foetus.

I do find it very interesting about the diet side of things as some foods do have different effects on different people.  but I am surprised the negative blood type hasn't been mentioned.

Suzi Q

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 12:51:17 AM »

So O resus Neg is not as common hm I thought it was common as muck heheheh
I dont take any pills except for Lexoton for my nerves 6mgs aday
Vagifem for the fanny otherwise at 57 and a half so far PLEASE GOD XXXXXXXXXXXX I take nothing
I do know if I dont eat vegies after a few days my tongue cracks so I need the VITS
Sometimes cos I dont eat hardly any meat at all and never DEAD COW I get an overwhelming urge for MEAT
I usually have a couple of HUGE chops then I sit there knowing its going to take 48hrs to come out (pardon)
Dont read midica; books (only did at training) I dont beleive in VITS&MINS over the counter stuff unless advised by GP
I think if you eat a balanced diet get excersice dink moderatly and in my case smoke (I know its bad naughty me)
All you can do is give yourself the best chance
If you belive the books its a personal thing I wouldnt take away anyones beleifs  as for me its a Load of rubbish sorry!

Gobe

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 10:50:50 AM »

I am O Rhesus Positive.  I also used to be a blood donor so that is why I know.  Very interesting.

Firewalker50

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 11:06:25 AM »

Hi Silverlady

I know of blood type diet and did read a book on it quickly a few years ago although did not follow it through. 

My sister in law in Chicago has followed it avidly for a few years now, and says she feels the best she has felt for many years (she told me about it).   She lost weight, kept it off, is fit, energetic, never ill, mental clarity all the time.

So, I don't know if it would work for me, but it did for her.  Her close friends also switched to it and she said they all feel the benefit.   

Slightly off blood diet topic - I was at an introduction to NLP and lifestyle day, and we were recommended strongly to try a 6 week Zero gluten diet - as if we were allergic to it.  He is a chiro and NLP master.

My own chiro (same company) recently asked me if I would avoid all grain for 3 weeks - based on research he has been following that grain causes inflammation within the body and slows down recovery.  He was keen to see how my body reacted.

Just wondered if anyone had heard of that or tried it?   I thought I was doing well and then I had a biscuit forgetting there would be grain in that   :o.

Fx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 01:22:19 PM »

My friend in the US came back with this:

see <http://www.aanmc.org/the-schools.php> "... accredited and meet
both federal and academic standards ..." 
Bastyr is one of seven affiliated schools. 

You might also read the Wikipedia entry:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Naturopathic_Medicine> 

There doesn't seem to be any standard designation in the US for a naturopathic "doctor"
that is similar to "M.D." for "medical doctor".

As for that diet, read

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet>

If it's offered on the NHS then go with it ;-).  Otherwise - maybe get a referral to the Path Lab. at a Hospital to find out more?

Of course people can react to different food stuffs i.e. I am allergic to fresh onions and would end up in Hospital.  My Mum is allergic to shell fish, as are many people across the World. For her they cause breast lumps which need removal.  My Dad ate poisoned fish many years ago and vomited all night :-( and his arms and upper body had great lumps and wheals which itched for 3 days.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 01:26:36 PM by CLKD »

Firewalker50

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 01:31:42 PM »

Hi Sunshineza

My daughter was diagnosed as wheat intolerant so she avoids it whenever possible.  Her bloating and stomach pains have gone and only come back when she eats wheat.

I personally am much better on high protein, low carb diet.

My partner's body reacts visibly fairly soon after eating bread - looks as if he has put on around a stone right around his stomach/middle.

I have not tried the blood group diet but know a small number of people successful on it.

I don't see any harm in anyone trying it to see if our health improves or we feel better on it.
We can always stop if it does not suit.

Actually, I wonder if you read the diet you were meant to follow and you measured your response to what you read if that would be an unconscious clue to whether it suited me.  I tend to know reading food lists whether my body would respond to it well or not.  Is anyone else the same?

Fx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »

I only read a food list before we go shopping .............. however, there are days when I can 'fancy' some foods but not others, i.e. cheese and eggs can turn my gut for weeks then I will 'fancy' either or both.  Same with fish and chips .......... days when I need bland foods my gut heaves at the thought of chish with phipps  ::)
Pages: [1] 2