Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Flowers by post  (Read 1533 times)

VioletAquarius

Flowers by post
« on: July 18, 2023, 03:00:39 PM »

I am wanting to order some flowers for my friend's birthday, but will need to send by post, and wonder if anyone has any recommendations of who to use (or any I should avoid).

Thanks very much

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Flowers by post
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 03:25:27 PM »

Where does she live?  When I send flowers to people I tend to look on line to find a florist that does Interflora or delivers personally if they are a small business.  Then I ring to order. 

Some flowers can be sent already in a vase to which water is added on arrival.  Some companies send plants.  I've had iffy success with most of the delivery companies other than 1 who I use regularly - small family business who I know personally although no longer in that area. 

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 04:55:23 PM »

I use Bloom & Wild or Serenata

Taz x

Aprilflower

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023, 05:07:46 PM »

Waitrose do an on-line order and delivery sevice, which is very good.  I used it last week to send flowers for an anniversary event we were unable to go to.  You can track the delivery as well.

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 06:05:52 AM »

I use M&S online as they have a good range.  Everyone who's received them has been pleased & sent me photos, which has been reassuring.  I do read the reviews for each bouquet I'm interested in before ordering though & that's helped me narrow down the choice when unsure.
Wx

Minusminnie

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 06:27:49 AM »

Bloom and Wild ....they do a letterbox delivery.  Their flowers arrive 'asleep' and open out gradually. 

I've sent and received from them successfully.  A last bunch i received from them included tulips with the bulb still attached which you cut off before putting the tulip in water. Then dried out the bulb to plant.  Yet to be convinced on that as the leaves usually need to die back into the bulb to nourish it for the following year.  That may be a gimmick but i've planted them out though to see what happens so a bit of intrigue included as well !

Very little plastic packaging with them too. 

Fragrant narcissi from the channel islands but a long time since i sent them so can't recommend.  Lovely to receive though.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 06:33:06 AM by Minusminnie »

VioletAquarius

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 04:04:56 PM »

Thanks very much everyone for your replies, I will look into all the recommendations.