Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Started Femoston 1/10 Today, worried but need to give it a try!  (Read 7858 times)

4boys

Started Femoston 1/10 Today, worried but need to give it a try!
« on: October 15, 2011, 09:21:03 PM »

Hello Ladies

Started Femoston today after much thought, been feeling uneasy all day since i took it, cos im worrying bout the risks with hrt.

Any reassurance would be appreciated, its took me a long time to pluck up the courage to take hrt.

Smokey

Re: Started Femoston 1/10 Today, worried but need to give it a try!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:36:30 PM »

Hi Susan,
I just asked you what HRT you were on as I didn't see this post until after.

I have had same worries, am on week four but have pushed to the back of my ,mind as I also have had one episode of ms I have decided not to worry about what might and probably won't ever happen in the future.  The more we worry the worse the stress.

Keep positive I am still hoping to resolve this darn silent migraine, I'm sure it's getting worse, across my eyes feels so tight and the back of my head so heavy and it's making me feel generally unwell,even my jaw aches at times and my eyes feel quite strained and tired, I am phoning Nuro tomorrow for phone consultation as he put me on aspirin until I came back fro hols .

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 03:26:11 PM »

Hi 4boys

I would say, if you can, give it a go (three months) and then if you're still not happy maybe you can find an alternative.  I was started on this one 6 months ago and haven't looked back :)  It seems to be one of the kinder ones to take, haven't had any problems (other than the bleeds taking some time to settle into a routine) but feel heaps better than I did at the beginning of this year.  I did read up about the risks but my Meno Nurse was of much the same mind as Susan, look at the "here and now" and in this instance I reckon she was spot on.

Good luck

Smokey

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:08:10 PM »

Hi 4boys,

Thanks for your message,

Have you felt any different yet?

Try not to worry about the ifs and maybes with HRT, otherwise it will drive you mad! I think once it kicks in your anexiety will be much less, I am much better in that respect,
Nervousness has more or less gone and feel sort of calm, the hot poker feeling I had through my body was the first thing to go at about four or five days I think and I know longer burst into tears!

The concentration is still an effort,and sometimes the tips of my fingers feel a bit numb, I don't feel dizzy but sometimes unsteady as if I could fall over, but of course I never do.
I still get lumpy feeling in my throat every now and then, and still have silent migraine which makes me feel unwell but it seems to change every day but I have it constNtly which is getting me down I'm back to work next week only two hours each day twice a week, but wondering how I will cope as the lights make me feel spaced out,like Im on drugs or something.

I was meant to start a bleed this week and guess what I have hurray!  Doc has given me another prescript for a further 6 months HRT  so I hope it keeps getting better, I am fed up with being Ill, it's been a long time now since last December first thyroid op, then ms diagnosis, meno, and silent migraine!

Hope you will better soon, keep in touch and let me know your progress.

steph

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »

Hi 4boys, I took Femoston 1/10 for about 18 months and found it fine. It stopped my hot flushes and night sweats which is what I reluctantly went on it for.

I only came off it because I wanted a non bleed hrt.

Good luck

purplenanny

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 10:13:05 PM »

Hi Steph, may I ask which one you changed to? I am on my first months trial and finding the bleed annoying with painful cramps. Also had a very bad headache on 3rd week. Feel I should give it the 3 months as bleed may settle, what do you think? Like 4boys I was very worried about starting, but already feel generally better.

Susan, did you change or stop hrt after the 15 months? did you find the bleed settled ?

Thanks everyone - keep with it 4boys, I am sure we will be fine.

Purplenanny x x

steph

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 07:04:02 PM »

Hi purplenanny

I changed to Kliovance then kliofem but both gave me headaches.  I then tried Clonidone but that made me very drowsy. I'm now on Livial - been on it for 2 weeks - ok so far but hasn't stopped the flushes or night sweats yet. 

I found femoston great and as I've said, I only stopped because I got fed up of the monthly bleeds.

purplenanny

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 07:32:55 PM »

Hi Steph, I have just experienced the worst bleed I have ever had and found it very scary. Thank goodness reassurance from these lovely ladies has eased my mind. I do not know if to continue with hrt or not - it has helped my other symptoms but I do not like this aspect. I feel as though my womb is falling out!! I hope your new hrt proves to be succesful for you - such a pain trying to find the right one. x x

steph

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »

Yep, finding the right hrt is like finding the right lottery numbers  :)

To be honest, I would prefer not to take it, but I simply can't cope with the severe hot flushes and night sweats

Hope all goes well for you purplenanny!

Bette

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 08:32:23 AM »

Hi steph and purplenanny
It sounds to me as if you should both consider trying Femoston conti if you don't settle on your current regimes. It would seem to have been the logical step for you, steph, as the sequi version suited you and if you're happy with everything other than the bleeds, purplenanny, it would seem to likely that it would work for you too.
Bette x
P.S. Susan is now on FemSeven patches and is doing fine on them.  :)
If you want a thing done well, get a couple of old broads to do it. Bette Davis.

purplenanny

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 12:03:19 PM »

Thanks Bette, I will consider it.

Thanks Steph, good luck to you also.

Purplenanny x x

steph

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 07:55:55 PM »

Hi Bette

Yes that's what I think I will do (try the Femoston conti) if things don't work out with Livial.

I had made a note of it after Susan suggested it earlier.

Going to give Livial a few more weeks then decide.
xx

purplenanny

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 09:25:30 PM »

Hi Susan, no problem, good to hear from you. Hope you had a good holiday.

I wish I had the same experience as you on Femoston 1/10 - I have just had the most horrendous weekend with such a heavy and painful bleed- my first since starting hrt, now onto the 2nd pack. GP advised to stick it out for the 3 months as bleed may settle. I am dreading next month now!

Pleased your patches are working well for you, hope this continues, it is a minefield really. ::)

Bette

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 07:44:42 AM »

Hi purplenanny
Susan was on Femoston conti (the post-meno version) Your bleeds should settle after the 1st couple of months but I'd still suggest that you discuss with your gp whether the conti version would be better for you.
Hope that you're feeling a bit better now.
Bette x
If you want a thing done well, get a couple of old broads to do it. Bette Davis.

purplenanny

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 08:24:58 AM »

Hi Bette, it is so nice to hear from you - I do hope you are feeling much better about things now.
Yes, I am hoping things will settle with the bleeding as the hrt certainly is helping my other problems. I am a bit between a rock and a hard place (I think thats the saying!) but will give it a couple of months. I am feeling better today thank you, light bleeding now - presumably on its way out.
Have a good day Bette
Purplenanny x x
Pages: [1] 2