Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Author Topic: stinging pain  (Read 16646 times)

alexia

stinging pain
« on: October 10, 2011, 09:08:53 AM »

Hi, just thought that it may be interesting to ask. Has anyone had any trouble with a stinging pain in their side. Mine is on the right side . Every so often through out the day i have this stinging, rather sickly pain in my right side. It comes on for a few seconds then subsides. My son stumbled and put his hand out to save himself pressing on the area last night and it hurt like hell. Soon subsided though. I went to the doctor fri and she was not sure what it was. She said it could be the early start of appendisitis, or a cyst on my ovary, which was my suggestion as I was told that I had one 10 years ago when I was pregnant. It used to sting around the time of my period. But well into meno now and not had a period for a year. I have to go back to doctor tommorow as may need a scan. This meno thing is so confusing :-\ Has you dead and dying one minute and then feeling ok the next. Mind you, the ok bit is gone in a flash  ??? lol

CLKD

Re: stinging pain
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 10:36:09 AM »

Wrong place for appendicitis?   Get a scan!
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

alexia

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:41:36 PM »

Dear CLKD, I dont think for one minute that its appendicitis but, your appendix is on  the right side of your abdomen. Thankyou for your reply.

Val.M

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 06:23:50 PM »

Hope the scan shows up the problem Alexia.  Part of the bowel is located in that area too, so definitely wise to get it sorted out. 

Valxx

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 06:40:55 PM »

Low down though.  I had mine out on 14 Feb. 1992! what a Girl will do to get flowers  ::).  It didn't present as I thought appendicitis would do either  ???  ....... has it happened today?

alexia

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:32:12 PM »

3 days ago it started , i have had it before but it has normaly gone of within a day. as I said it used to happen around the time of my period. at the doctors again tommorow ,so hope to have some idea whats going on. thankyou for your replies, its nice to have people to chat with. I will let you know what they say.
Here clkd: have some flowers, you dont have to go to such drastic measures. :foryou:

annifanny

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 09:15:26 PM »

Alexia, get it checked, could be endometriosis?
I'm not confused, I'm just well mixed

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 01:32:36 PM »

Thanks.  I was the 'wrong' age for appendicitis so they kept me under observation for 18 hours ........  ::)

Could your stinging pain be ovulation?

alexia

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »

oh my goodness, never thought of that clkd. can you still overlate when periods have stopped ? Anyway i have seen the doctor this evening and i had a pelvic examination ect, and she said that all was ok there. she is still sending me for an ultrasound to check my kidneys ect.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »

Don't know but these meno symptoms seem to take on a Life of their own as we travel this Journey  >:( - at least your GP is taking your symptoms seriously !

warwick01

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 01:25:34 PM »

I too have somthing similar....... I just started a new post.

For about 2 weeks I have this nawing burning pain to the right of my belly button and just a little lower. It is increasing but cant get to see doc until Fri.

I have also had very soft stools first thing every morning for about 2/3 months but put down to IBS but this localised pain feels like somthing is wrong.

Any ideas???? to high for apendix