Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Effects of Depression  (Read 56434 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Effects of Depression
« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2020, 06:03:22 PM »

In response to Kathleen's new topic in 'all things menopause'

Shari-O

• First Flush
Depression and Sadness
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2020, 03:05:18 AM »

Hi Everyone,
I am new here and struggling with so many different symptoms of menopause, but the worst is feeling isolated from family and alone because of my moodiness. I am so irritable and sad most days. Things that may have bothered me slightly before, infuriate me now, and I find it very difficult to be around my family without freaking out. To survive, I stay mostly to myself. Sometimes it helps (suffering alone), but for the most part, its become very lonely, isolating and sad.

I just don't know how to get through these horrible feelings. I can handle the hot flashes and night sweats, easy peasy. Its the sadness, crying, anger, irritability and insomnia that is driving me crazy.

Can anyone relate?

CLKD

« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2020, 08:17:47 AM »

Yep.  Hormones!  We have a recent topic about 'rages' - do read and join in.   :welcomemm:

When I was menstruating I would be OK for 3 weeks then anything that I would usually have dealt with would send me into a frenzy of anger  :cuss: until the bleed began  :-\.  I would fly off the handle instantly.

How is your diet over-all?

Kathleen

« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2020, 08:55:19 AM »

Hello Shari-O and welcome to the forum.

There are many ladies here you can relate and I'm one of them, I also hide myself away in order to cope with the horrible moods.

Taking HRT is the favourite for controlling menopausal moods but the range available is large and experiences also vary. For more advice I suggest  you also post in the New Members section because unfortunately newbies are not always noticed in the middle of an established thread.

Take heart you are not alone and the lovely ladies on the forum will be happy to help you.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

funnell

« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2020, 03:04:26 PM »

I want isolate from everyone+shut myself in home+can be as unhappy as I want, instead of
putting on a happy face mask as I go to work/shops. Pension age no longer 60 which I now am,
must wait another 6 years to retire. Can't take HRT as had pre cancer in breast twice+possible mastectomy
due. MORBID thoughts from my past +others misfortunes enter my thoughts all day .I'm scared to
get in the works vehicle(.I don't drive )I've known too many people lost some1 on roads.
I've known too many lost some1 to cancer. Several neighbours around this estate have died
within last 10 years+almost all were younger than me.19  year ago daughter murdered,dumped,found after
5 weeks. Traumatic childhood with fear,abuse,domestic violence. Partner gets on my nerves,although
he's kind, I keep imagining living alone +just my son visiting me. Becoming a hermit,ordering online
shopping, I can't tolerate happy people, crowds, noise ,my friends that have all their children safe+well.
I'm pulling away from those friends. My mood swings at times ,I need to keep away from people.
Antidepressants were prescribed last year ,not tried yet. Theyr full of chemicals, aren't they? Suppose
I binge drink too much 1 time, the effects of Anti  will be lessened. But I don't drink everyday. Am I heading for
 a breakdown? I only started meno in march, 1 whole year without period aged 60.

CLKD

« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2020, 06:15:43 PM »

You have had a lot in your Life.  Have you been in contact with any of the appropriate support groups?  Grief never really goes, it waxes and wanes but should be recognised as changing how we view daily life.

MayB contact AA?  You won't be alone as many people drink/drugs to cover grief.  Being with others can lessen any guilt - a problem shared etc.. 

Being alone won't ease your grief though.  Why didn't you try the ADs?  That's what they are designed for  ::).  We are all full of chemicals ..... food, drugs, daily belongings .........

Did U get support from a Police Section after the murder?  R there issues that are left hanging?  Maybe a separate thread?

funnell

« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2020, 10:38:38 PM »

Thanks CLKD for response. I go on other online forums, they understand  as theyv lost family members same way.
I may try antidepressants eventually,but giving up drinking may be difficult.  Are there any good natural alternatives to
HRT any1 can recommend that works for them. Been taking E Primrose oil for years now. Out of habit, not sure if it helps .

CLKD

« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2020, 06:28:20 AM »

Giving up any crutch is difficult.  4 me it's the 'what if stopping the medication makes me feel worse?'.  The physicality of withdrawal can be tuff.  Alcohol is a depressant.  It 'depresses' feelings which are painful as well as lowing the brains resistance.

There is an alternatives room on the Forum to browse round.

CLKD

« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2020, 02:39:19 PM »

Thinking about Rockhopper's remarks: never in all the years that I went to therapy and it was never an easy walk-in-the-door for me: if I stopped sessions not one professional contacted me to find out why?  I can understand the NHS not following up but when I was paying ......... and the hour became shorter and shorter in that the Psychologist arrived later with a list of excuses and began to leave earlier  :-\.  That made it obvious 2 me that she really couldn't cope with my phobia and had run out of ideas.  Or did all these so called 'experts' think that I had been cured?   :-\

The night I needed admission, crawling on the floor begging for help for my own safety the Doctor at the Private Unit told me on the 'phone to take more valium  :-\.  I did.  It helped. That was the advice .......... no follow up or other suggestions.

I did have a therapist who told me that I knew more about my problems than she had answers for and she kindly left 3 appts free during the next 3 months but I didn't go, rang and told her to give them to someone else. 

CLKD

« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2020, 07:55:49 PM »

:thankyou:  .........

CLKD

« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2020, 08:05:22 PM »

Rockhopper : why feel intimidated - you can't prove that my phobia didn't begin within a few hours of being born and I know how the treatment given affected my life from then.  I have never complained of an apron or weight gain ;-).  Ever.

As a recovering anorexic I have plenty of experience of eating disorders.  Nearly 70 years of experiences which at times have almost killed me.  I have felt how it affects me.  My husband knows how it has affected me.  I comment on my personal experiences.  Mine alone.  Many find my advice across the Forum useful  ;) ......... if you don't like it, don't read it.

In my experience of many years of therapy I have never found anyone in the profession who can actually feel phobic anxiety, fear, worry - I went to 1 therapist and could tell her exactly which page from which book she was making suggestions from.  [Clarie Weeks].  I told her that if it were as easy as those suggestions she would be out of a job.  We got on better after that .  She began to listen to me ........

I haven't time nor energy to go into therapy.  I can't face yet another disaster.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]