Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Effects of Depression  (Read 56451 times)

babyjane

Re: Effects of Depression
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2016, 06:50:10 PM »

I was started on citalopram but I also got nausea and upset stomach and headache and worse anxiety.  I was changed to the sister EsCitalopram which causes less side effects and I am better on those.  They took about 8 weeks to really work though and I am on a low dose.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2016, 07:13:38 PM »

If there are no side effects keep taking them for at least 6 months.  That gives the brain support as well as breathing space  ;) by which time, you will have forgotten that you are needing them!

Mandz

« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2016, 11:09:24 AM »

I've just had a read through all this thread again and feel it should be bumped every so often because depression is such a hard thing to talk about or explain and reading through many pages on the forum a helluva lot of us are going through or have had it! .......... And to me, it's a very  "isolating debilitating feeling"

I'm still struggling, but not as bad as when I first posted...... Thank u all for being so kind and lovely to me.....but to be honest it's only now after re-reading the thread with a clearer mind that I'm taking in what you have all said, at the time when I was at my lowest I couldn't think straight so wasn't onboard with people's posts!!!! Also, I've realised I never thanked any of you for responding to my posts--- sorry, thank you and sending much hugs xx

I'm planning returning to work in a fortnight, that will be nine weeks altogether since I was signed off, and to be honest I really beat myself up about being off work something terrible, and I don't think I'm 100%--- in fact I know I'm not, but.....I need to be in a normal environment again, too much time on my owns not good for me now

CLKD

« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2016, 12:36:36 PM »

At my worst I couldn't lift my head from the pillow  :'(.  The medication leaves me weary sometimes but at least I can get out of bed and sit in our garden, anything else is a real + !

Mandz

« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2016, 01:08:24 PM »

It's an awful thing CLKD..... And so hard to explain to anyone

CLKD

« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2016, 02:32:32 PM »

I stopped trying.  Unless a person has suffered then they don't empathise well! and why do we need to justify our depression?

Lizab

« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2016, 05:01:31 PM »

I know now that I had no clue about depression and anxiety before this. One of my closest friends suffers and it kills me to think how many times I must have said the stupidest things to her. I honestly thought it was falling into a pattern of sadness and self-pity, and that if you let yourself be sad for awhile, then consciously choose to not be sad anymore, that was all it took. I almost think it needs a different name because I guess I thought it meant feeling depressed for a long time.
Since the meno experience, I've learned it's totally not the same thing. I can be happy as a lark and suddenly feel something (the hormones? Brain chemicals?) flooding my brain and Boom! I'm anxious/depressed. It's the most difficult thing I've ever had to try to cope with in my life.

CLKD

« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2016, 06:05:19 PM »

Give your friend a huge hug and tell her that now you have more awareness of how depression can feel.  When I am depressed, even my shadow aches.

Mandz

« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2016, 07:20:10 PM »

I agree with CLKD give your friend a hug and just tell her you can see now ......she will understand and thank you for it

Lizab

« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2016, 08:06:36 PM »

I already have. She's a sweetheart and we laughed at how stupid I was. She knew that there was no way anyone who hadn't been through it themselves could understand.

Mandz

« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2016, 09:18:14 PM »

Awwww that's good

Not stupid at all..... Just that you didn't understand at the time xx

babyjane

« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2016, 07:32:39 AM »

I think I am going to have to restart my ADs  :(  despite the side effects I was better when I was on it and three individual people noticed the difference in me.

I hate medication but I am not good 2 weeks after stopping it  :'(

Mandz

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2016, 09:40:19 AM »

Believe me bj .....if you are dipping without them but felt you were better on them, then please don't stop taking them, because the further you sink the further you have to climb back up .......and I wouldnt wish how I've been with depression on anyone

But also remember that stopping them just because you feel better is not a good idea ......the side effects do settle xxx

Ps I hate medication too, but if it works .... :great:

CLKD

« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2016, 09:43:51 AM »

:bighug:  BJ!

coldethyl

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »

BJ, perhaps give it a bit more time to settle before making a decision. I think feeling a bit rubbish is par for course after withdrawal and your body may just need of time to adjust. Obviously don't let things get so bad that you are at rock bottom before restarting them- maybe go and have a word with your GP and see if they can suggest anything. A lower dose perhaps? X
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13