Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Effects of Depression  (Read 56464 times)

babyjane

Re: Effects of Depression
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2016, 03:08:57 PM »

It sounds like you have had a bereavement so you are grieving.  that in itself is unsettling without the imbalance of depression too.  Please talk to someone, your GP as you say or Cruse or MIND or someone who will listen and just let you 'be'.  And don't forget about the Samaritans.  they saved my husband's life when he was 17 xx   :bighug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2016, 03:37:26 PM »

:thankyou:  I'm OK until the anxiety hits ……….  :-\

Babsm67

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2016, 08:50:18 PM »

Hello CLKD, I have sent PM xxx

CLKD

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2016, 09:16:35 AM »

:thankyou: so much - read it  ;)

It took over in waves yesterday - makes me feel scared that I will go back to how I was in the 1990s.  Will make an appt with my GP who is also my late friend's Doctor.  I upped my ADs last night.

babyjane

« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2016, 09:42:39 AM »

I would like to hold your hand through cyberspace if you would like me to. I have recently come to understand a little of what you describe.

CLKD

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2016, 09:58:36 AM »

Please do and thank you. 

newbeginnings

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2016, 10:03:07 AM »

I have had severe anxiety panic and agoraphobia for most of the last 5 years. Its still too painful and difficult for me to talk about. I have glimpses most days now of finding some healing which keeps me from sinking into total despair. I identify very much with what you say CLKD. I hope today will bring some better moments.

CLKD

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2016, 12:35:27 PM »

:thankyou:

When deeply depressed I can't talk about anything.  Once I became stable I talked to everyone and anyone who would listen to make sure that people are aware as to the depths sufferers can reach - I don't use the word 'sufferer' unless necessary.  As for those who feel 'low' but say they are depressed  :bang: :bang: :bang:

CLKD

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2016, 08:15:11 PM »

It has lifted ……….. for now.  Off to see the GP this week for support.  Maybe ask for a script for 10mg to take when the brain needs more support.

newbeginnings

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2016, 11:47:57 AM »

It is so encouraging to read posts like yours WTD and all the others. I am newish on the forum and have never before found a space to express what I'm going through with so many others who understand. My experience is so similar to yours I could have written your post except I'm not si good at expressing myself. I am just beginning to turn a corner like you.
Its so good you have a good gp and support.
Wishing you lots of brighter and encouraging moments to get you through to a peaceful and fulfilling place.

coldethyl

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2016, 12:45:15 PM »

Hope that everything continues to improve for you WTD. I think I have been lucky in that your GP recognises the hormonal element to your depression and is trying to work with that. I'm struggling to get my GPs to take my anxiety as anything other that just a return of a previous anxiety episode yet it feels so much more out of my control than previous episodes when CBT helped. Some days I can feel the chemical shift and the almost instant feelings of panic and despair and no amount of challenging my thoughts etc shifts it, although I do find trying to remain as calm as I can lessens the impact. I think that just having that extra mike of support from your health care provider is part of the battle as I just feel like a malingerer these days with the number of phone calls and appointments I've had.

Justjules

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2016, 12:59:56 PM »

It seems like help and support is very hit and miss. Some have great GP support, access to good therapy etc. but others don't.  My GP is so hard to get appointments with and I'm not keen on any of the others because you feel like they don't know your history and you as a person.

I need to know why I am getting this more and more often. Second bad episode in a year and although I know it starts off with a health worry, why does it escalate much worse than it used to and yet they say it won't be a hormonal thing now that I am post meno of at least 6 years?

I can't bear the thought that this is it for the foreseeable future for me, there just no end in sight. Sick of trying to think of what on earth I can do next whilst all the while trying to have a normal life and cope with all the day to day stuff and what the future brings i.e. having to look after my Mum. How will cope with all that when I can't cope with myself, it really adds to my anxiety in a big way.

Coldethyl, I don't think you could be classed as a malingerer. I think if your GP can see how much you try to help yourself they would understand. X

CLKD

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »

My heart goes out to you WtheD …….. I had breakthrough depression recently and it scared me …….. so I upped my ADs for 3 mornings and fortunately it passed. 

I try to look no further than half a day at a time.

CLKD

« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2016, 05:14:00 PM »

It was painful for you too?  Most people think that mental problems are in the head, for me it was physical too.  I ached after a bad bought. 

Babsm67

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »

Just read your post, WTD, and I think you were right to leave your job - if employers intimidate their employees because they are suffering from depression then the problem is only going to get worse.  I left my job last spring (after six years, as well) after suffering severe depression &, like you, found I started ruminating over things whilst at home so I started volunteering as it got me out of the house, helped to give me a sense of purpose & there was no pressure.  I'm not saying it's for everyone but it definitely helped.  I know what you mean about not wanting to get up off the bedroom floor & do anything - I was like that !ast February & March & was given diazapam which helped but it is not a long term solution because of the high dependency risk.  In November, I started to head back downhill but CBT helped me back up again.  It's !ike being on a hormonal rollercoaster as I have recently been going through another dip (after Christmas).   My current job is not helping (I had to start working again late last summer for financial reasons & I am desperate to !eave).  Like you, I tend to be wary of posting when feeling depressed, hence me not being on here as much lately.  I have had problems with AD's because of nausea, insomnia &, worst of all, reactions.  I used to be able to take my SSRI AD's without any problems until !ast year when I started coming out in bumps & getting itchy, the day after taking them.  I did try again recently but the same thing happened.  Just riding through without meds at present but will consider trying amitriptyline if I get really bad again.  Thanks for your posts & for giving us hope that it DOES get better. Xxx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13