Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Effects of Depression  (Read 56473 times)

Dulciana

Re: Effects of Depression
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2016, 11:38:33 AM »

I'm not very clued up on depression treatments, but I would think one of the most vital things first of all, if you are suffering, is to tell somebody.  That's another really good thing about this website.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »

Who to tell though  :-\.  First port of call ought to be the GP or Practice Nurse, or walk into a MIND meeting. 

My family are too judgemental for me to share any medical issues with them.  So DH and I make sure that over the years I have had a working relationship with our GP who has been very good.

BJ was on a very low dose.  I take a maintenance dose of 5mg at night and breakfast time, upping it to 10mg at night and 5mg at breakfast when I get breakthrough symptoms.  It is about finding medication that doesn't make me nauseous! but it isn't a cure.  I feel hung over most mornings on waking but that passes once I'm out of bed.  I try to accept any side effects and push on through the day, as long as the anxiety doesn't take over I manage half a day at a time.

Dyan

« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2016, 12:10:28 PM »

BJ- if you felt better on them then take them again.
Why do people hate taking medication? :-\
A diabetic takes insulin, etc,etc,etc.
Don't feel bad about it. Our brains get sick,so why not take meds to make it better,same as anything else.
When I first went on ADs people use to say to me " oh you don't want to be on them" :-\

Sorry,just had to get that off my chest ;D I'll shut up now  :-X
 :hug: to you all who are suffering. X

CLKD

« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2016, 12:14:49 PM »

>wave Dyan<  - I think that BJ was feeling ruff so stopped taking it to see the effects - maybe a hike in the drug might over-ride any symptoms, it really is Trial and Error at a time when we want to feel well  :-\.

It gets to be Hard Work  :sigh: ………. so many conditions mimic others which makes it difficult to sort the chaff from the straw!

babyjane

« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2016, 12:18:58 PM »

thank you all so very much for your concern for me, it is so reassuring to read your posts.  :hug:

I just typed a long reply and it disappeared into cyberspace so to cut a long stary short I have an appointment with my GP next week and will see how things go between now and then.

Basically I was not depressed and they did little for my anxiety.  then the side effects outweighed the benefits and they numbed my emotions.  I don't need my emotions numbed, I need to be able to feel in order for my therapy sessions to be effective, no matter how painful they might be.

I will be guided by my GP who I trust, although it was he who suggested stopping them in the first place.  Yes, there might be a better one for me that I could try or I might feel better in another week anyway.  I will report back  :)

CLKD

« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2016, 12:22:08 PM »

>morning!<  are you keeping a list of your feelings on and off the medication? 'cos once I feel better I forget exactly how bad I felt  ::)

Dyan

« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2016, 12:26:58 PM »

CLKD < wave>
Oh I see. Didn't know that ;)

I know what you mean CLKD. It is so hard to remember how bad you've been when you feel well.

CLKD

« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2016, 12:30:00 PM »

Yep.  When I go to a situation where panic is a real risk, it doesn't happen - but I spend the time looking over my left shoulder for it to creep up from behind  :-\ ………. it's the physicality which over-takes me.  It's not in my head it's in my gut  :-\

When I'm fine I could take on the World - so Look Out  ;D

Dyan

« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2016, 12:39:25 PM »

I'm looking :-\ :-\  :-\ :-\ :-\ ;D

CLKD

« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2016, 03:02:48 PM »

;D - ran out of steam, went into the gardening and attacked some weeds for a couple of hours  :D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 08:17:10 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2016, 09:32:43 PM »

I ran out of 5mg AD so have cut the 10mg tablets in halve ………. have to keep telling myself that it's the reason I feel woozy in my head as well as slightly queasy with 'the runs' -  ::) and once I get my 5mg next week, I'll be OK again.

CLKD

« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2016, 02:30:58 PM »

:bounce: 

CLKD

« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2017, 07:34:56 PM »

I was thinking earlier today.  Many ladies experience intense, debilitating anxiety at The Change and it is suggested that sufferers should be given HRT as it often caused by hormonal upheaval.  However, HRT can take a while to find something which suits as each lady is different.  I think that what ever the reason, anxiety should be treated with appropriate anti-anxiety medication 'as necessary', because it is likely to help symptoms more quickly.  Also, the sufferer will feel that she has been listened to and gets a sense of control, enabling her to return to discuss HRT when she has read up and is feeling stronger about discussing this with a GP who may be reluctant to prescribe. 

CLKD

« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »

BUMP  :bounce: for new members

Butterfly22

« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2017, 09:10:19 PM »

Interesting thread, I took citalapram for 14 years but stopped working and tried a few but really find venlafaxine help loads. If I need help (tablets etc) I'll take them ☺️Xx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13