Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Oestrogen face cream?  (Read 44773 times)

KaraShannon

Re: Oestrogen face cream?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2024, 12:15:12 AM »

Why would any1 need to use a face cream with hormones in?

OK, I believe different people have different reasons for that.

As for me I was struggling with NHS HRT for long time, with estrogen part of it, I used to be estrogen dominant in peri, but now 5 years later all my hormones dropped down excluding testosterone. I know I am very sensitive to sex hormones  and they can easily get me from any parts of my body. NHS used to treat meno symptoms with estradiol, but my post meno body just hates it, Gina from vagina nearly killed me and estradiol gel poisoned me. I asked GP to prescribe me something very weak for my VA and I got Blissel gel, which is very weak form of estrogen - estriol. After first day of using it (half of recommended dose) something magical happened to my body. My whole body started recovering, not just vagina. Since that time I use Blissel instead of estrogen (estradiol) gel.

So because face creams contain estriol I want to try to use it like a source of estriol for my body to make me feel good.  :)

Interesting Angela, I can see your reasoning. 

I've always struggled with vaginal oestrogen, so curious what problems you had, they sound like they were serious.  I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm wondering if I have similar problems.  I'm fine with patches for estradiol but my body reacts badly to vaginal oestrogen and I get a horrible dizzy head and sensitivity to sound and even postural hypotension.

I'm going to ask my doctor about Blissel gel, I'd never heard of that  :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 12:17:20 AM by KaraShannon »

KaraShannon

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2024, 12:26:45 AM »

I cannot understand any1 wanting to use a product somewhere 'else' - would 1 use 'anusol' on the lips for example where there are good vaseline products.   :-\

Actually,  and don't laugh, but if you get bags under your eyes, anusol cream applied there Actually tightens the skin and gets rid of the bags!! 😆😆

I heard this once, models use it apparently.  I imagine if it does that it might also encourage the skin to slacken more after and would have a long term worse outcome  ;D who knows, I may have started this thread but anusol on the face, no!  ;D

KaraShannon

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2024, 12:33:29 AM »

You're saying that the cream that you are buying from US for the face consists of 0.11 % estriol??  :o

Well that is slightly more than the concentration of estriol in Ovestin which ia TEN TIMES STRONGER than the other generic estriol cream at 0.01% !!!

Hurdity x
[/quote]

I hear what you've said Hurdity and thanks, but just flagging this bit up, I had NO IDEA I could get a weaker vaginal cream.  Okay I'm changing the conversation for a moment away from face cream, but I have had such problems with vaginal creams and tablets, I react badly to them (even though they say it's a tiny dose and shouldn't get in the blood stream I get predictable migraine, sensitivity to sound, sometimes even postural hypotension after using the tablets, I'm not so sure yet with ovestin, haven't given it a chance, but something really weak to start would be great and I had no idea you could get weaker than ovestin, so thanks for this)

Also quickly, just in case you don't read my other entries, I think I noticed some positive benefit from a phytoestrogen cream (iHerb).  You mentioned earlier that you thought these might be safe, this one has red clover and other phytoestrogens in, do you think it would be weaker still?  (just your view, I know you won't know for sure)  :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 12:35:52 AM by KaraShannon »

KaraShannon

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2024, 12:39:27 AM »

Any way I have got it yesterday and applied to my face before I went to bed. It is cosmetic product  designed to improve face skin and it does its job, but at the moment I cannot say how it affects my whole body, because have not noticed any changes from the first use of it.

Thanks for sharing your experience AngelaH, I'd be interested to hear how it goes, both for the face and generally  :)

AngelaH

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2024, 12:09:25 PM »

So I am back with update, I have very good result using Wellsprings face serum, no wrinkles left at all on my face and the face has very fresh look, I remember I used to look like that in my early 40s, now I am 53. I use it once a day and every other day. It does go to the blood stream in my body and I have the same effect as with Blissel. My main meno symptoms were extremely fatigue and nausea, both Wellsprings and Blissel stopped them and, I am feeling normal and energetic, plus my vagina and face are very happy too. No side effects or allergic reactions so far.

I need to mention I am very sensitive to sex hormones, this is why Mirena coil, medication for VA treatment and face serum do go to my blood stream very quickly and they make significant changes to my whole body, good or bad depending on my body needs.

AngelaH

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2024, 12:45:59 PM »

I'm wondering if I have similar problems.  I'm fine with patches for estradiol but my body reacts badly to vaginal oestrogen and I get a horrible dizzy head and sensitivity to sound and even postural hypotension.
I couldn’t tolerate patches, any product with estradiol made me extremely ill, the worst was spray, it made me very sedated and I felt like a zombie, it took me a couple of days to recover after using just 1 spray. I think the problem with VA treatment is the vagina has very thin tissues  and absorption in this case can be much higher and quicker than using the same product on the skin.

The only way to find out what is the best for you is to try as many options as you can.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 12:47:51 PM by AngelaH »

KaraShannon

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2024, 12:26:49 AM »

I'm wondering if I have similar problems.  I'm fine with patches for estradiol but my body reacts badly to vaginal oestrogen and I get a horrible dizzy head and sensitivity to sound and even postural hypotension.
I couldn’t tolerate patches, any product with estradiol made me extremely ill, the worst was spray, it made me very sedated and I felt like a zombie, it took me a couple of days to recover after using just 1 spray. I think the problem with VA treatment is the vagina has very thin tissues  and absorption in this case can be much higher and quicker than using the same product on the skin.

The only way to find out what is the best for you is to try as many options as you can.

AmandaH, one of my friends is an ageing hippie, he told me that they've known for a long time that drugs used on those tissues enters the bloodstream quicker  :o ;D (I can't believe he told me that but he did, he doesn't do that sort of thing himself but knew people who did it 'back in the day.') but I was listening to the conventional medical line that it should not enter the bloodstream, or minimally.  I'm sure in many cases it's fine but not for me, I definitely have systemic effects and they are frightening, the postural hypotension is extreme.

Anyway, thanks, I will be asking my doctor about Blissel and also the lower dose estriol.   :)

KaraShannon

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2024, 12:28:50 AM »

So I am back with update, I have very good result using Wellsprings face serum, no wrinkles left at all on my face and the face has very fresh look, I remember I used to look like that in my early 40s, now I am 53. I use it once a day and every other day. It does go to the blood stream in my body and I have the same effect as with Blissel. My main meno symptoms were extremely fatigue and nausea, both Wellsprings and Blissel stopped them and, I am feeling normal and energetic, plus my vagina and face are very happy too. No side effects or allergic reactions so far.

I need to mention I am very sensitive to sex hormones, this is why Mirena coil, medication for VA treatment and face serum do go to my blood stream very quickly and they make significant changes to my whole body, good or bad depending on my body needs.

Really interesting, thanks!  I will talk to the doctor about all of this soon.  :)

Wrensong

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2024, 11:25:34 AM »

Hi KaraShannon.  Not on the forum much lately & have only scanned this thread but couldn't see mention of chloasma/melasma?  This is the dark pigmentation that can occur on skin that's thought to have a hormonal association & has been linked in the medical literature with use of sex hormones in OCPs & HRT.  Genetic susceptibility is also thought to play a part, I think.

I've never used any form of HRT on or near my face, but shortly after starting systemic HRT in my early 50s, developed chloasma, just a few small patches on my face.  I'm quite fair-skinned, have never used makeup other than on eyes & lips & don't intend to begin at this age (early 60s) so the patches remain uncovered & though faint are obvious to me.  Imagine use of oestrogen containing creams on the face might make women more prone to this condition & just thought it sensible to mention in case anyone reading is unaware of the association.  Maybe have a google if you weren't aware of it & want to know more?

Wx
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 12:36:03 PM by Wrensong »

AngelaH

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2024, 01:15:35 PM »

[quote author=KaraShannon
AmandaH, one of my friends is an ageing hippie, he told me that they've known for a long time that drugs used on those tissues enters the bloodstream quicker  :o ;D (I can't believe he told me that but he did, he doesn't do that sort of thing himself but knew people who did it 'back in the day.') but I was listening to the conventional medical line that it should not enter the bloodstream, or minimally.  I'm sure in many cases it's fine but not for me, I definitely have systemic effects and they are frightening, the postural hypotension is extreme.
[/quote]
I have met ladies in real life (not internet), who had systemic effects on their bodies using Mirena coil or VA creams the same way as me, so I know I am not the only one with incredible hormonal sensitivity issues. Unfortunately GPs don’t recognise that, I talked to different doctors about how the Mirena completely changed my peri meno life, they told me it shouldn’t really be happened to me, so they did not find any explanation why it happened to me. Of course now when I have the same result with using VA treatment, I am not going to discuss it with doctors, I know it will come beyond their understanding anyway.
I just continue my treatment as it is, I am happy with it and let the scientists to find out what is going on in ours bodies.  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]