Forum Guide and News > Forum Guide

Help needed regarding my e-mail addy

(1/9) > >>

Star:
Please can anyone tell me why everyone is still allowed to see my e-mail address, when I have ticked the hide e-mail address box.

When I go to members and look up my name there is an envelope next to my name which allows people to e-mail me.

How do I erase this.

Thanks

Luv S
----------
REPLY BY WEBMASTER - 13 Oct 2008:
On sign-up, your email is now hidden by default. Only you and the admin can see your own email. A small envelope icon will be visible to you but NOT to anyone else.
As a security update, since 11 Oct 2008 when all email addresses were hidden forum-wide, you will only be able to see other emails if the user has specifically gone into their account and unchecked the 'hide email' box.

Squirrel:
Hi Star

I had the same query, but your email is hidden from everyone - I've looked, only you can see it.

Chris

Star:
Thanks squirrel for your reply,

Will you do me a favour though, go in the members section and look up my name, at the side of it there is an envelope, if you open that envelope will it allow you to send me an e-mail or see my e-mail address.

Or if anybody else reads this before squirrel will you look for me.

Its a little confusing this e-mail thing to whether its hidden or not

Much appreciated

Luv Star

Squirrel:
Had a look in the members section and no, there isn't an envelope there, so no email address available.

Chris

Star:
Hiya Squirrel,

And thank you for helping me. :thankyou:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version