Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: These days...  (Read 31776 times)

KaraShannon

Re: These days...
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2024, 03:24:13 PM »

"I will forget the bill"  :-\.  Why ?

We have a magnetic board to hang bills upon as well as a calendar to write important reminders on. 

Our dental surgery will ask for payment up front for a) new patients and b) for any that don't turn up.  It is necessary to ring and cancel if 1 can't attend GP/Dental appts..

With every1 relying upon mobile phone apps it should be OK to put reminders on - me, I can't work an app  ;D so have to remember to keep our His/Hers calendar up to date  ::)

However: I have had brain fog recently  :-\

thanks, I'm pretty sure I cancelled on those occasions though and pretty sure it was two, spaced well apart.  they have lost two members of staff, they just don't need me asking for an appointment.

I tend to be of the view that if you call to sort something out you should be able to most of the time and it might just be where I live at the moment but it's impossible, every single day.  5 attempts to sort a GP appointment, I only want some estriol cream, I asked if I could send a message but no.  I might be old school but I do expect to be able to contact a GP surgery and make an appointment  :-\

I will forget the bill because it's a one off thing, not a regular electric or gas etc, and if I attempt to deal with it and can't it will get forgotten, there's loads of other things to deal with and coming in all the time, but I'm still working.  If I could use my card to draw out money or, well, just use it, I'd drive to the place and pay the bill straight away, but can't do that because card been cancelled, can't go to the bank to draw out the money because the branch closed in my area and it was 2.30pm when all this was going on so too late to drive to another area, because they close (in my book) half way through the day.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 03:27:12 PM by KaraShannon »

KaraShannon

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2024, 03:31:56 PM »

Was it Scarlett O Hara that said Tomorrow is another day  ;D

But it's also wednesday, halfway through the week and no doubt I'll be met with fences again.  It is just becoming too hard to do stuff.

The other option is to ignore my teeth, ignore my body and not bother.  I asked for testosterone blood testing two years ago, it hasn't happened due to one snag or another, it's all too much of a fight these days  :-\

KaraShannon

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2024, 03:41:06 PM »

4)  HAVEN'T got my new electricity / gas / mobile provider set up because old one refusing to switch, they are refusing to switch because I need to pay a bill to them (which was overlooked because I've moved and they didn't write to me, I was attempting to check on it and sort the switch but now they won't allow the switch), I've explained that I'm hundreds in credit to the other company and they are happy if the other company will hand over that money.  I have asked other company to do this for months to give to me but no replies.  Now they won't answer the phone (they're a good enough company it's just that no one answers the phone these days) for me to ask them to give to the other company to allow the switch to go ahead.  They don't answer emails and most are no reply emails anyway.

5)  HAVEN'T had reasonably fast internet or decent phone calls BECAUSE I NEED TO SWITCH MY PROVIDER!

Tell me, how much of this is menopause, I don't think even 50%

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2024, 05:15:29 PM »

Daily life for many I would suspect, having read the Sat money/sort it out pages for months  ::)

A lot is because companies want us to go cashless and do everything on computer.  Well there up against myself and several others who refuse to go cashless etc..  Due to memory problems I have for years been unable to remember m card PIN numbers for example.

KaraShannon

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2024, 11:37:15 AM »

Daily life for many I would suspect, having read the Sat money/sort it out pages for months  ::)

A lot is because companies want us to go cashless and do everything on computer.  Well there up against myself and several others who refuse to go cashless etc..  Due to memory problems I have for years been unable to remember m card PIN numbers for example.

I don't blame you CLKD

Which pages are you referring to?  On here?  Or the weekend papers?  Sorry I'm not following, but then I've already met with a few roadblocks today, lol

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2024, 11:38:29 AM »

We buy Saturday  nationals which have lots of interesting articles in, not that I can remember them  :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]