Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

HRT--good or bad?

<< < (248/248)

Marsal7878:

--- Quote from: Dorothy Gale on September 14, 2023, 08:52:56 AM ---I'm feeling utterly hopeless re HRT.

The hundreds of continual threads on here of you all having awful times on it...in whatever form......

Makes me just feel I give up.

I feel exactly the same since starting I've felt so ill so after 8 weeks stopped it completely I'm near 2 weeks off it but still feeling very up and down anxiety is not good and just want to feel better.
Did you stop the hrt and if so how long before you felt well again
Thanks

I'm so intolerant to meds anyway....and so ill....I couldn't cope with all this awfulness you all seem to experience and the continuous tweeking and trying and misery.

My life has been totally ruined by this beast

--- End quote ---

Elaine90:
Good or bad ? - Both

I've found a lot of physical benefits, but at the moment the bad outweighs the good as it's totally messed up my sleep cycle, and when I cut down, it's like being back in my early post-oophorectomy days (headaches, night sweats, palpitations, agitation...) - all the symptoms which I'd got over with years ago are now back, worse than before. It's left me feeling destroyed.

What concerns me is that all the articles about HRT that I've seen in the mainstream media are one-sided. It's always a positive story about how HRT has given someone their life back and how wonderful it is. Good for them, but HRT clearly isn't wonderful for a lot of women. Essentially it's advertising, but not labelled as such. And, it makes it even harder for people to be understanding about what we're going through, because they say 'oh, just have some HRT then...'

I'm thankful that this forum gives everyone a voice

fiftyplus:
I am sitting on the fence with this one ... I am 55 - 2 years post meno and have gone through all the other symptoms - the only and imo worst symptoms I have now are low energy, low mood and no libido.  My gp has given me evorel conti and I haven't started this yet as I would like to feel a lot better but I don't want to start this and then start to feel worse than I do already .. I so hate this time of my life ...  and for the 1st time at the age of 55 I actually feel quite depressed

Firebearer:
Good. Very good. Started it due to troublesome symptoms (the whole range - as advertised!). Taking it for bone health, brain function and to control symptoms. Erratic bleeding a bit of a pain though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version