Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Aches and pains.

(1/1)

debbyx:
Hi Everyone

Really struggling at the minute

My anxiety is so bad. 

But I seem to have aches and pains every where. Feel 80 rather than 62. 

It is really getting me down. Aches are not in the same place but seem to come and go in ribs neck back shoulders legs .

Is this menopause or  is it because  of my anxiety or is the anxiety part of menopause.  I hate feeling like this.

I just can’t concentrate and very weepy for no reason.

Seem okay at night but as soon as I get up it is there again I then panic and it seems to make it worse. 

CLKD:
Morning.  I'm full of back ache right now, probably due to not kneeling when loading the washing and dishwasher machines  ::)

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  An over the counter pain relief should help, especially if taken 30 mins B4 i.e. gardening or walking.

Anxiety - this can be eased by appropriate anti-anxiety meds., Propranolol served me well for many years.  40mg taken at night to ease early morning surges, dropped to 20mg which worked.  When R your symptoms worse, mine are always from early hours until mid-afternoon.

Have a good cry is you can, clears the system ;-).  R the tears cyclical, mine were. 

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Browse round. Make notes. Ask away!

Dierdre:
I ache all over before it rains, I'm more accurate than the weather forecast. ;D
If you're very tense with anxiety that could cause your muscles to ache. I grind my teeth at night when stressed and my neck, jaw and ears ache because of doing this for days after.
My anxiety was quite bad last year after retirement and getting used to a big lifestyle change, too much time on my hands to over think everything and Talking Therapy helped alot.

suzysunday:
You have my sympathy debbi.  I'm not much older than you and likewise have aches and pains all over.  Anxiety through the roof..  I wake early and feel panicky, mornings are awful.  A good cry might help but I look bloody awful for at least 24 hours after!   I can only offer some sympathy.  I have considered hrt to see if that might help, but I am so easily put off by thoughts of it causing more anxiety, side effects etc. 

CLKD:
suzysunday - I can't remember whether your GP has prescribed appropriate medication to ease anxiety?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version