Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Worse anxiety on higher patch??

(1/2) > >>

Vicky81:
Hi all just me again

So after everything I've been through the past 2 weeks, GP advised me to go up to 85mg everol patch. Did this Monday and from this morning I have been sat rigid on the bed with anxiety....I haven't moved.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? Plus I started antidepressant 6 days ago. This definitely feels hormonal.  Im taking it its too high for me? I've had a wobbly head, physical feeling of anxiety all day
Woukd love your help

CrispyChick:
Vicky, which antidepressant???

I'm very sensitive - to everything it seems. But even a small increase in antidepressant will send my anxiety and jitters through the roof for a few weeks. Then it calms.

I believe most have this start up reaction...

So could well be that. Xx

sheila99:
Best to change one thing at a time so you know what's causing what. Too much oestrogen can certainly cause anxiety. Perhaps you back to your previous dose and let the ads settle first?

Vicky81:
Hi
Yes I've gone back to 75

I'm in duloxetine antidepressant....started 6 days ago on 60mg x

CrispyChick:
Ok. So stay on the lower dose E for a few weeks to let the antidepressants do their thing.

You may well get heightened anxiety and/or depression for a few weeks. It takes about 6 weeks for them to start working. Try and hold in there as it should be worth it.

Xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version