Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Changing from cyclical to continuous HRT - questions

(1/1)

GrittyGrotty:
Hi,

I’m hoping someone might be able to advise on the following, please?

I recently saw a private GP re my HRT etc as whenever I’ve discussed with the NHS it’s been less than useless (shocker).

Private GP was fantastic - prescribed testosterone and advised changing to continuous HRT rather than cyclical at the end of my last HRT cycle. Everything made sense and I was delighted.

However, I’m now 12 days into my the continuous HRT regime and I’m starting to wonder if I’ve done something wrong.

My withdrawal bleed usually comes circa day 28 (+/- 2-3 days), this time it came on day 2 of the new cycle. I had a few days of stringy spotting before it started in earnest and it’s not let up since, and is quite a bit heavier than normal. I’m guessing this is because I only had a two day gap of no utergestan before starting the 100mg/night and so I’m worried this is going to drag on. Should have had had a gap between finishing the last cyclical cycle and starting the continuous or will the bleeding eventually stop?

For clarity my Uterogestan went as follows:

Day 12-26 - 200mg/night
Day 27-28 - no uterogestan
Day 1 onwards - 100mg uterogestan/night

Should I persevere with things as they are, or should I have a break from the uterogestan to let the bleed stop and then restart?

Many, many thanks.

Dotty:
Hi it can take a few months to settle on a continuous regime. Just keep taking the Utrogestan every night and it should settle.  Once settled, you shouldn’t get any bleeding.

Can you tell us how old you are and whether you were getting regular bleeds on sequential hrt ? And how long have you been on hrt.

violetbat:
I recently switched to a Conti regime and had a bit of a bleed at the start- since then nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version