Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Itchy skin

(1/2) > >>

hope:
Got an itch  for at least the last week.  No rash    only below knee, tops of feet, ankles  , arms below elbow and backs of hands . Nothing has change in life no new  chemicals or medication,   Seen   a couple of doctors    tried   antihistamine     and steroids  no help.   Anyone any suggestions

CLKD:
Low oestrogen levels.  I has various itchy places when in peri..  Fortunately they resolved without requiring HRT.  I use 'vaseline' hand cream in the yellow bottle as well as 'nivea' .......... regularly applied where necessary.  Last couple of weeks it's been the Achilles areas on both ankles .......

For years it was my insteps as soon as I removed my socks each evening.  I would wake in the night scratching one foot with the other very rough heel  ::). 

VioletAquarius:
Just as CLKD has said - a peri and meno symptom.

It was my back that was always itching when i was peri. Bought a back scracher it was so bad. I only get it every so often now.

CLKD:
I have a fold up back scratcher in the vehicles as well as a hand-made wooden one in the bedroom  ::)

marge:
I had an itchy forearm for a while, that passed, now it’s my thumb. Comes and goes; all a bit random

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version