Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Tingling in fingers

(1/2) > >>

Rabbit1977:
So, at the ripe old age of 46, amidst a variety of other health concerns I've had that I have put down to the effects of perimenopause, I have found myself now suffering from 'tingling in the fingers' - primarily in my dominant hand - and always at the tips of the fingers. It comes and goes so I've had about 5 bouts today lasting from a minute to a couple of minutes each time. I am wondering if this is also a problem that affects women in perimenopause or whether I should be seeing a doctor for something potentially more serious? It's not affecting my day to day as it is not painful, it is just abnormal for me so anxiety is setting in.

CLKD:
Does it wake you in the night?  Do U find that you are hanging hands over the edge of the bed to ease symptoms?

It is known that carpal tunnel syndrome can become problematic during pregnancy but I don't know which trimester.  So your symptoms may be hormonal.

How R your sleeping position and shoe wear?

jaypo:
Hi,could also be coming from your neck,when I had a disc issue,my fingers tingled all the time

Rabbit1977:
The only thing that wakes me in the night, CKLD,  is my ever-weakening bladder! The tingling may happen whilst I sleep but it doesn't wake me - I have, however, been woken several times lately by pins and needles in my hand which I think comes from me lying on it. I tend to lie on one side or the other and almost always fall asleep lying with my head on my hand or arm. I wonder if it might stop once my current period is over, and therefore be hormonal as you suggest. I guess I have to wait and see.

Jaypo, I'm not aware of having hurt my neck but I suppose nerve damage somewhere might be the culprit.

I've been worrying that it might be connected to a brain tumour or the such, I do have health anxiety.

CLKD:
We have a thread here about what we diagnose ourselves with every day  ::) so U R in good Company ;-)

If you have bladder issues get yourself some vaginal atrophy treatment, pronto ;-). Do read the 'bladder issues' and threads on vaginal atrophy. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version