Menopause Discussion > Postmenopause

Patch Availability

(1/3) > >>

CherryC:
Good evening, Boots pharmacy is struggling to get my Estradot 75 patches lately - they managed to get a box at the last minute last month but it's looking unlikely this month and they say you need to go back to the GP to get a different prescription.  I'm not sure what to ask for if need be - should I ask for the equivalent but Evorel? Will I notice a difference?
Thank you

Joaniepat:
I would specify Evorel 75 patches. I had to switch to Evorel 100 during the last Estradot shortage, and noticed no difference. If you end up with Estraderm, the other option, they are huge and apparently the least sticky.

JP x

Hollyboll:
Some people do react / absorb differently on different products, others are fine.
If it were me, I'd try another chemist (non-Boots - they all have different suppliers) and if no luck, my first choice would be to ask GP for Estradot 50 + Estradot 25 - but you have to be happy with 2 patches for that time! (ps to be clear I've never been on and have no attachment to Estradot, I just mean if something's working for you I wouldn't change unless you have to!).

xx

CherryC:
Thank you both that is helpful information

Hurdity:
Hi CherryC - just to add to Joaniepat's comment - if you really can't get Estradot - I was on this for years until the shortages a few years ago ( ?2018) and was given a variety of brands and lastly Evorel ( as the others became in short supply and Estraderm I agree is terrible!). Have been happily on this one now for a few years. I am convinced also it has given me a higher dose of oestrogen than Estradot, and is a bit more stable on the skin in higher temperatures or when I was hot. - Estradot used to slide about a bit in hot weather.

Hurdity x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version