General Discussion > New Members

The bloat

(1/3) > >>

JosieJo55:
Hi, new here,
Wanted a forum I can ask about supplements that might help with bloatedness.
I’ve tackled most things naturally so far. Brain fog and aching joints with magnesium glycinate. The brain fog went almost immediately and within a week my ankles and hips felt much more flexible again. Then the sweating started to increase and it was off and on all night. I tried menopace without much change then tried sage and after 4-5 weeks and they stopped completely.
The only thing I cannot seems to get to calm down is my tummy. It’s ultra reactive and bloated. It’s starts off ok but as the day goes by it cramps and bloats. It feels like it’s pulling internally. I’ve had everything checked plus it started as my periods went erratic. It calmed to a degree since they stopped altogether but it’s still a regular occurrence by the evening and often wakes me up. 
I exercise daily to try and help the situation as it’s better if I’m active. If I’m at work it cramps on and off as I sit all day, once I walk home it eases off and starts up again once I sit in the evening.
Any solutions, supplements, exercises??

CLKD:
Hi!  Many find that during peri they become intolerant of in particular, alcohol  :o  ::) as well as other foodstuffs that were well tolerated.

Hormones can certainly affect the digestive system, top to bottom.  Certainly within 10 mins of a bleed I would have to dash to the loo with 'the runs', even if a period wasn't due  >:(.  I would sometimes be extremely thirsty in the days leading to a bleed, as well as nauseous.

In recent years I've had to alter my diet drastically - I found that processed foods upset my bowel actions so gradually we have cut out a lot of shop bought cake, biscuits, processed anything at all.  Slow transit is still problematic especially if we are travelling.   ::). U may find that taking a note of what you eat/drink for 3-4 days and when, will give you an idea if hormones have caused any sensitivity - rarely allergic reactions as these would be more drastic and U would certainly know.

Often I have problems from mid-afternoon, we haven't yet worked out why I feel very windy and bloated to the extent that I am unable to eat 'tea'.  Having to wait until later in the evening, often 4-5 hours B4 I am able to face food. 

We have threads about most things: books, hobbies, exercise ....... and menopause.  Let us know how U get on, browse round; make notes ;-). Ask away.

jillydoll:
Deflatine I used to take.
I’ll have to get some myself, I’ve had terrible bloat lately.

Penguin:
Have you developed any food intolerances? I became intolerant to lactose in peri, and can no longer eat wheat or gluten or I get painful wind. Although bread in France seems to be okay as it is milled a different way.

I also use Rennie Deflatine when needed, different to normal rennies and designed for wind, trapped gas, bloating.

I find yoga helps digestion. You could also look at herbal teas. Mint tea is good, although not if you also have reflux!

Are your bowels okay? Because what you are describing sounds like ibs with the cramping and that can either be with constipation, diarrhoea or mixed. If it could be that then worth looking up the FODMAP diet as a short term approach and slowly add things back in so you can see what triggers you.

Finally, do you take hrt? Because the progesterone phase really effects me and I find my tummy is so much better when I'm just on the estrogen part.

CLKD:
In 1995 I was given peppermint tea after surgery, the Nurse wouldn't give me the recipe  ::).  It's certainly worked for me.

Because my bowel feels full most of the while, even after I've 'been', I have to tick the days when I 'go' on the calendar in the bathroom otherwise I forget  :-\ :-X

Let us know how you get on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version