Menopause Discussion > Postmenopause

Symptoms at 70 years old

(1/5) > >>

Bluebell:

Hi ladies, I just turned 70 and I’m 11 years post menopausal having had my last period aged 59. I’ve been on this forum a few times in the past for reassurance about my symptoms.

I’m not on HRT apart from the oestrogen pessary I use for dryness down below.
I still get every few weeks palpitations/beating pulse and it can go on all night and the next day then it goes away again.
I still have regular hot flushes and night-sweats.🥵
 I’ve had all the ecg’s and all are fine as is my cholesterol and blood pressure.
My pulse can go up to a 100bpm when I have the palpitation/beating.
My Doctor said that she wouldn’t be keen to put me on HRT now so I am using Wellsprings Serenity 20-1 cream.
 I haven’t noticed any difference as yet and that’s nearly a month.
I eat well, don’t smoke and exercise and I’m not overweight.

I’m just wondering if anyone else still gets symptoms at this age? 🤦🏼‍♀️

The other strange thing is when I have the symptoms they seem to affect my 25 year old gall bladder removal scar? 

CLKD:
What reason does your GP give you for not using HRT?  70 after all is a number  ::)

Interesting about your scar, sometimes my sterilisation or appendix scars irritate so I have to put a cream on the areas.  Last period over 20 years ago.  Had never associated it.

R the palpitations cyclical?

orrla:
Hi there!

Life is tough, isn't it? ..particularly when one is a woman!

First thing I thought when I read what you wrote was that, your body works without hormones and that's how it feels without them. Giving synthetic ones to it now would only cause more problems, I think. They are manmade powerful drugs science still learns about and body needs to learn to work with them, when it's still relatively ok, with original natural ones still in it. But this is my understanding, of course. I am sure there are other opinions.

Best, I think, would be to deal with each symptom separately.

To contrast, I am 69,  on HRT from 45, smoke, drink, never had any heart problem, no other medication,  blood pressure perfect they say, stomach, liver ok, no cholesterol, but, from ca 63, issues showing up one after another, like, I have now 5 different kind of tumours, 6th awaiting diagnosis, collapsing spine due to scoliosis plus osteopenia plus discs degeneration, prolapse, dry vagina, varicose eczema, rhinitis, falling out hair,  blurring eye, ..and 🤔..a corn on one foot!😉

It sucks!  ..no other conclusion!

Best🤗

CLKD:
Our bodies have lots of hormones including the sex ones.  Orla: R U able to explain 'working without'  :-\

Also thyroid function can be affected as we go into peri which may bring a whole lot of other strange symptoms  ::).  If HRT helps then age should not be an issue if a woman is otherwise heathly. 

orrla:
Yes, CLKD. Some are there but working with less of these that are not.I never had any issues with libido, for example, and VA got me at ca 65 after going from 100 to 50 patch, so..

Each body is different, genetics play big part too. But, HRT does not make us immortal, I can see well. My body is going off, it's clear, HRT or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version