General Discussion > New Members

HELP! - and thanks for letting me join

(1/3) > >>

ukred:
Hi,
I'm 66 in the summer.  Have had a lot of stress lately and therefore a LOT of anxiety.  This makes me space out (DPDR if you are familiar with it) but I am concerned there is a physical cause.  I had the Mirena coil out over 10 yrs ago and didn't bleed so presumed that was it for me.  I recently did a medichecks test with these results. -
FSH -117
LH - 53.3
OESTRADIOL -<18
Does anyone know if this is normal?  As I know low Oestradiol can cause issues but do we just 'cope' at this age?  I'm done with antidepressants because they made me worse.....  The last month or so I have actually had hot flushes come back!  Thought I'd seen the last of them...
Any words of wisdom or pointers please?
X

CLKD:
 :welcomemm:  R U able to explain DPDR?

Emma:
DPDR is Depersonalization-derealisation disorder
- occurs when you always or often feel that you're seeing yourself from outside your body or you sense that things around you are not real, or both. Feelings of depersonalization and derealisation can be very disturbing. You may feel like you're living in a dream.

Emma:
Your FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) and LH (luteinizing hormone) levels are elevated, which can indicate that your ovaries are not producing as much estrogen as they used to. This is common during menopause, which typically occurs around your age. Low estrogen levels can indeed cause symptoms like hot flashes and mood changes, including anxiety.

Low estrogen levels can also lead to symptoms such as vaginal dryness, difficulty sleeping, and decreased libido.

It's essential to discuss these results and your symptoms with a healthcare professional, preferably a gynaecologist or an endocrinologist. They can provide you with personalised advice and may recommend further tests or treatment options, such as hormone replacement therapy (HRT), to alleviate your symptoms.

In addition to medical interventions, there are also lifestyle changes you can make to help manage menopausal symptoms and reduce stress and anxiety. These can include regular exercise, maintaining a healthy diet, practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation, getting enough sleep, and seeking support from friends, family, or a therapist.

CLKD:
 :thankyou:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version