General Discussion > New Members

Breast soreness/tenderness

(1/3) > >>

Flowers54:
Hello! I'm new and glad to be here. I am 54 years old and I have experienced pretty crazy peri-menopause symptoms since my late 30's. In November of 2021, I had a total abdominal hysterectomy, and everything was taken out except my left ovary. I still have occasional night sweats and other crazy symptoms. But for the pasts two weeks I have been having soreness/tenderness in both breasts. I had a normal mammogram and ultrasound in December. My breasts look fine otherwise; nothing looks abnormal and there isn't any discharge or anything else going on. I've had intense breast pain in the past but I don't think it lasted more than two days or so. I do have an appointment to see my gynecologist on March 27th, but I am just getting worried that this is not normal to go this long feeling such soreness. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am not on any type of HRT. Thank you for reading!

CLKD:
Morning.   :welcomemm: I suspect that the ovary is pumping out enough hormone to cause your symptoms.  Will U see the Gynae who did your surgery?  Let us know how you get on.

Browse round.  Make notes!

jaypo:
I had this in my mid 50s too but like clkd says, that ovary is shooting out those hormones.
Welcome to the forum  :)

Flowers54:
Thank you Jaypo and CLKD for responding!

Unfortunately, my insurance company changed in 2022 and the gyno who did my surgery does not accept that insurance. I found a new gyno last spring and as much as I liked the gyno who performed my surgery, she was much younger than me and anytime I mentioned peri/menopause symptoms, everything was brushed off as stress. My new gyno is my age and she's been great so far. I'll definitely keep you updated. I just have to wait until the 27th to see her. She's always booked out pretty far. I even sent her a message through my patient portal but she hasn't responded to that and if I go to my primary, she'll probably dispense her signature steroid pack. That's her answer for everything :(

CLKD:
R U in the UK?

27th isn't long, in the mean time take some pain relief?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version