Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Propranalol

(1/4) > >>

kathryn22:
Good morning all
Last week I was given Propranalol for acute anxiety which I’ve suffered since diagnosis and has now begun to spiral out of control 20-40mg per day But says take daily when required but not when, AM or PM ??
Mornings are always horrendous from waking till about 2pm then by bedtime feel almost human.
Suggestions, should I take at bedtime or when I wake?? Can’t get hold of anyone at the surgery waited 45 mins on hold and then got cut off☹️.. didn’t do much for my general anxiety levels 😉

CLKD:
I have never understood a betablocka being prescribed for 'as necessary'.  My GP prescribed 3 times a day followed by twice, then it went to mornings.  It was to ease the early morning cortisol surges = intense panic.  When R symptoms worse for you?

Penguin:
I would either take right before sleep with a snack or, (preferably), as soon as I wake with a snack. Mainly because I never take anything on an empty stomach due to previously having had gastritis. It does work quickly so you could take as soon as you wake, lie in bed and do some breathing, and then in 30 mins you should be feeling the effects. I have not found it lasts all night tbh and the one time I did take in the evening, it impacted my sleep. However we are all different.

Suffice to say it doesn't really matter from a clinical point of view, so just find out what works best for you from a symptom point of view.

kathryn22:
In the morning on waking is worse

CLKD:
That's how it was for me, so I would take the tablet at 9.00 -ish p.m. which really helped.  What is the dose prescribed 4 U?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version