General Discussion > This 'n' That

These days...

(1/11) > >>

KaraShannon:
Does anyone find themselves commenting on how things are different these days?

I mean I've only noticed all the differences along with the pandemic, not a more gradual ageing process but still, anyone with examples are welcome.

Mine starts with a moan.  My new hairdryer takes 30 mins to fully dry my hair.  Prior ones ALL MY LIFE UP TO NOW have dried it in 5 - 10 mins at the most.  Anyone else noticed this?

;D

KaraShannon:
Oh and paper used to tear in a straight line, not all chaotic and wonky.  But that's been going on for about 15 years as I remember a long time ago moaning about that one.

Songbird:
Smaller Mars bars, twirls, cream eggs - whoops, there's a theme here  ;D

KaraShannon:

--- Quote from: Songbird on February 27, 2024, 02:30:40 PM ---Smaller Mars bars, twirls, cream eggs - whoops, there's a theme here  ;D

--- End quote ---

I remember my parents saying that Mars bars and Penguins were not the size 'they used to be,' and they were saying that in their early 30's. 

They must have been ENORMOUS in the 60's  ;D yet they were all skinny then!

But agree.  They've shaved another bit off the top of the wispa bars in the last fortnight and in the last 2 months one 'bit size' has been taken off the end of the 4 packs.  I know these things  ::)

KaraShannon:

--- Quote from: jaypo on February 27, 2024, 02:32:35 PM ---Bad service for me, HATE when if you're getting served,the server is busy chatting to her/his buddy AND I let them know it  ;D

--- End quote ---

I hate that too and agree it's a change.  Unfortunately I think, at least in my area, there are now just way too many people and way too much time pressure on everyone that pleasant conversation is no longer happening.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version