Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Internal vibrating feeling

(1/7) > >>

Katherine:
Hi ladies,

I increased my oestrogel dosage from 2 to 3 pumps about 1.5 weeks ago and was intending to be on 3 pumps in the week before and during my period to give me more energy and lift my mood during that time but last night whilst falling asleep I had a sensation that my body was vibrating.

I’ve seen a few posts about it on here and other ladies have associated it with lower oestrogen and anxiety yet I have increased my oestrogen and am feeling less anxious if anything. I have seen a post suggesting it is due to high blood pressure which concerns me. Does anyone know if increasing your oestrogel can cause an increase in blood pressure. I don’t remember feeling that the vibrating was distressing but it does worry me that it could be an indication of something serious.

Flossieteacake:
I am sorry you are feeling anxious. I would not think this means something serious as it seems to be common for many of us. I know I get this too. I have a blood pressure monitor and have not noticed it happens when my blood pressure is high. Perhaps it is one of those annoying meno things that are hard to explain. If it helps to reassure you then you could always have your blood pressure tested.

marge:
I’m not, and never have been, on any HRT, but the internal vibrating was by far my worst meno symptom. I think it’s all to do with dwindling oestrogen. There are lots of posts on this forum about it. Have a read. Personally, I don’t think it’s connected to blood pressure, but we’re all different and react to things in different ways.

Katherine:
Flossie that is reassuring, thank you. I have a blood pressure monitor but once it didn’t deflate by itself and hurt my arm - could you recommend a good one as it would be reassuring to check?

Katherine:
Hi Marge, that’s  interesting as I assumed it was due to an increase in oestrogel as I haven’t changed anything else lately. But I guess being in peri my hormones are fluctuating in the background. I forgot to mention I took ibuprofen and codeine last night as well for my period pain so I don’t know if that would have been a factor when combined with 3 pumps of gel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version