Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Joint pain reappearing when stopping HRT -ant Herb/product?

(1/2) > >>

Madeline:
Hi girls,

I reducing my hrt, down to 1 pump of oestragel and I hope to stop HRT altogether next week. I feel the joint pain is reimmerging. TBH it never went away in my back...constantly an issue for me but Its just more painful now.

Has anyone tried glucosamine? 

Any info would be super Thank you lovely ladies xx

Starshell:
I have exactly the same question!
Just stopped HRT, been off it 3 weeks and actually feel much better mentally but my body is very achey, both in the joints and the muscles 😥 some night sweats but the hot flushes aren’t too bad
I’m 52 , I exercise regularly, a mix of cardio and yoga and Pilates classes and do around 4 or 5 a week
I eat fairly healthily and don’t drink much and a normal weight for my height, maybe slightly creeping into the overweight bracket!
I’m thinking of taking sage and glucosamine but wondered if anyone can advise please

Penguin:
Magnesium may help. A mag glycinate supplement at night, plus Epsom salt baths and magnesium body butter put on afterwards. I use the BetterYou one, it's very good value.

Starshell:
Thank you Penguin 😊
I saw some magnesium Epsom salts in home bargains, will go back for them

CLKD:
As oestrogen levels fall muscles may become lax = aches and pains, which over the counter pain relief should help. 

Gentle exercise on a regular basis as well as brisk walking at least 4 times a week to encourage good bone density.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version