General Discussion > New Members

Newbie-Feel like Michelin woman & sad on estradot & ustrogen!! Anyone else?.?

<< < (2/3) > >>

CLKD:
Do let us know how you get on.  There may be a Nurse Practitioner with more knowledge about menopause than the GPs. 

Tad21:
Will do,thanks.

Bevey:
HRT isn't a panacea, and it doesn't suit every woman. Once you're taking it, and you don't feel well (physically and / or mentally), it's hard to know what to do. I opted not to take HRT; saying that, my menopause journey has been horrendous, to say the least. But, I feel that at least I know the symptoms are my own body, and I don't have to second guess myself about whether or not it's the medication. It's a tough spot to be in, and I feel for you. Maybe chat with your doctor and discuss coming off of them just to see where your natural hormones and symptoms are.

SuzieQ:
I absolutely feel you on this one.

My periods started to disappear over 12 months ago, I'd have a period of nothing for 6 months, then I've had 3 since November last year. 

The weight, even with exercising is driving me insane and with the bloating as well is enough to finish you off.  I can go from a relatively flat tummy to being as big as I was carrying my daughter at 6 months.  Its crazy and the way its making me feel is even worse than the menopause some days.

I've been prescribed the patch, a tablet at night and then a pessary table.  Can't remember for my life what they all do (other than make me more unhappy).  I just do not know what to do for the best.   

Tad21:
Bevey,
Thanks for sharing its nice hear I’m not alone.I’ve actually got a face to face docs appt on Fri so hoping to come off it as all symptoms have reared there ugly head & obs this hrt isn’t working for me.I know she will say coil is only option,but I don’t want it,so cold turkey may be the only solution.It’s the flooding I can’t cope with it’s been going on for years & is debilitating 😞

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version