Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Sometimes it is just Thrush

<< < (4/4)

CLKD:
LIVE yoghurt really works.  The idea being to eat it which cleanses the digestive tract from top to bottom, as Candida lives in the back passage.  I have used it internally too as it is cool and soothing.  Messy though  ::)

We use a lot of garlic and ginger in cooking but have never thought about using it as you suggest - I would think that the overall smell of garlic gives the impression of it on the breath, but it won't travel upwards.  I think that the ice cream from our freezer tastes of garlic as we have tubs of ready cooked meals in the same chest.

Ummmm - I think that you have drawn the short straw to trial garlic into the vagina for thrush - let us know how you get on.

Dierdre:
I've heard of using the juice from crushed garlic mixed with olive oil for ear infection.

Peana:
Well, I only did the garlic for 2 days.  It felt like it might have been working, however, I suffer from IBS and it was really bad yesterday.  I've not done a FODMAP diet, but I know that eliminates alliums as they can cause symptoms.  Just in case it was the garlic upsetting me I decided not to persevere, so will seek out the pharmacy later today. 

I'll also now need to look into a possible garlic/allium sensitivity, which is really annoying as I love it, it's good for you, and I'd just harvested kilos of the stuff from the garden!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version