Menopause Discussion > Postmenopause

Timing of HRT usage.

(1/1)

Postmeno3:
Hi.
No matter what delivery method I use, now on fourth, since starting all this I am consistently waking around 5, then I break into a slight sweat. It seems odd that this happens so routinely. I'm wondering if, because I've been on minimum dose throughout, the waking is a sign of the dosage running out and the slight sweat a return of a symptom because of this? I have always applied whatever at 9, my bedtime and wonder if changing to morning might help as if I've run out before even getting up, it will affect the quality of my day? Any thoughts? Anyone else played around with timings to see what's a better fit? Thanks. 😊

westie:
Hello

I had this problem initially with HRT. I was started on two pumps of gel for three months. When blood tests were done after three months they showed that I wasn’t absorbing the gel very well and my oestrogen levels had barely moved. My symptoms hadn’t really improved either. So I moved up to three pumps which helped the symptoms a little but like you I felt is was ‘ running out’ and I used to wake with mild sweats. After further review I was switched to 75mg patches and these have worked much better for me and I do seem to absorb better, my oestrogen levels when tested last summer were where they should be and my symptoms were much improved.

Unfortunately as many of us have discovered, it isn’t a one size fits all when it comes to type and delivery of HRT in trying to manage our symptoms. Some find it a miracle straight away, others like me have to experiment with times/ types and doses. I change my patch twice weekly , Tuesday morning and Friday evening.That way I seem to get continuous dose and I now sleep very well, thank goodness!

Not sure if all this has helped. Might be worth asking your GP/ Meno consultant for blood tests to see how your levels are and go from there.

It can be a long journey getting it right but it’s worth it in the end.

Good luck
W xx

Postmeno3:
Thanks so much. Yes, I should have said my bloods have been through the floor, 65 and then 60 on Evorel25 patches and then Oestrogel, one pump. Nothing has improved in symptoms. I'm hoping the Lenzetto two sprays will make a difference and bloods in two or three weeks will show improved absorption, but possibly a higher dose required as there's still no change in symptoms. Glad you've found your way through and thanks again. 😊

sheila99:
If you're still on the low dose it would be worth trying it in the morning to see if you get more benefit. In theory it lasts 24 hours but it wouldn't be surprising if it diminishes over time. Of course the obvious answer is to increase the dose but it's the one they won't let you try. There is a fair bit more in the bottle than the 64 metered doses, the doses just get smaller after this. Maybe you could get a bit extra by using up the remains of the old bottle alongside the new one?

Postmeno3:
Great, Sheila99. Many thanks for these tips. I would say the delivery seems a wee bit uneven, so I'll keep an eye on that. Indeed, we all know the most likely answer! Ever onwards! 💪

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version