Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Utrogestan cycle advice

<< < (2/3) > >>

NightNurse:
Hi Honeybean,

I start to take mine on the 1st of the month.  This way I can remember - well most months, I remember!  Then I take two capsules (200mg) for 12 days and the withdrawal bleed starts fairly predictably mid-month, each month.  I've been doing this for over a year and I'm really happy with the regularity of the bleeding, and no spotting or bleeding in between.

I'm beginning to wonder whether I should change to daily dosing as I will be 56 years old next month and likely post-menopausal.  However, that's a whole other question.

Dotty:
Honeybean....yes that's the easiest way of doing it. If you are still having a cycle then the hope is that your natural cycle will fit in with the utrogetsan, but it could take  a few months to settle down.  x

NightNurse...its up to you whether you continue with a cycle or go continuous.  I use utrogestan continuously, but it depends how you react to progesterone and whether you are happy to bleed. x

Honeybean:
Thanks Dotty and Nightnurse. I shall start the first of the month regime. Makes sense to me and will be simpler to remember!

Thanks x

NightNurse:
Thanks for the info Dotty.

I quite like the effect of uterogestan because I think it helps me sleep better. This is listed as an undesirable side effect but one that I rather appreciate.  If I reduced to 100mg daily I wonder if I would get the same effect.  I guess I won't know until I try.

The monthly bleeding doesn't trouble me.  I did read something about the lower risk of endometrial cancer in post-menopausal women who took progesterone/progestogen continuously compared to cyclically so that's why I'm thinking of changing.

Sparkler:
Hi Honeybean

I started HRT in March 2019, first on evorel 25 plus 200 mg utrogestan for 12 days each month then 3 months later up to evorel 50. My bleeding has only settled into the expected pattern in the last couple of months, and before then I kept spotting mid-utrogestan days, with no proper period at the expected time.

It has settled though, so I hope it will for you, too.

Donna

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version