General Discussion > New Members

Hi think I?m in denial!

(1/5) > >>

Fiona77:
I'm 42 and went to see my GP with a range of symptoms (mostly occasional hot flushes, night sweats, trouble sleeping and mood swings), before I knew it I'm being sent for a bone density scan (came back normal), blood tests (normal) and given a prescription for HRT gel (Estradil).  I didn't fill the prescription for two months and ignored it, I hadn't even guessed it could be hormones.  Anyway, I've just filled the prescription and am going to apply the first gel dose tonight.  I've no idea what to expect.
Did anyone else struggle to accept that they were in perimenopause and early menopause?

Fiona77:
No idea why the apostrophe is appearing as a question mark in my post, sorry.

Dotty:
Hi Fiona don't worry about the question marks .... it's a glitch in the system .

I won't say I was in denial about peri menopause .... I just didn't realise that all my horrific symptoms were due to menopause . Now I'm on Oestrogel I'm doing really well.

Have you been prescribed a progesterone too? X

jillydoll:
Hi Fiona77.
Welcome to the forum.
I sailed through peri, didn't even realise, but then I had a lot going on a that time. It wasn't until I became post meno ( or nearly) when all my symptoms came out.
Thought I was dying, with some disease I'd got, felt so poorly. Also felt I was going mad.
Had a hard time excepting it was menopause because I didn't understand how hormones could cause so much trouble and make you feel so ill.
After starting on HRT, and switching and tweaking, I've settled on Femoston Conti. And I'm much better.
Remember though, it doesn't happen over night. It may take a bit to start kicking in and helping you feel better. Good luck. Keep posting. Let us know how your getting on.
Someone's always on to offer advice.
Hope they gave you  progesterone too, you?ll need it if you still have your womb. As Dotty has already mentioned.
Xx.                   

Hi Dotty....👋🏼

CrispyChick:
I'd say..... Let it sink in and go forth. I am your age and spent 2 awful years not realising that my symptoms could be hormonal, especially as the gp kept saying not!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version