Menopause Discussion > Alternative Therapies

Positive Experiences coming off HRT after many years

<< < (2/16) > >>

Sparrow:
I can't help as I have never been on HRT, but good luck on your journey.

Alua197:
Hi
I had an horrifc forray into peri and ended up on all sorts of poisons that nearly killed me. I weaned off the hrt i had been taking for over 4 years just over 5 months ago. I weaned for 3 months by cutting my pills down. All drugs that affect.the brain should be slowly reduced imo. Well i was petrified but i am fine. I have had one severe hot flush and get some hot feet on occasion and some other symptoms that come and go. I stopped the hrt as had terrible anxiety and depression and also was getting frequent migraine with aura. I have not had one migraine since being off and the anxiety has reduced by 75 percent along with the depression. I am all for hrt but i do think there are a lot of ladies that are made worse by hrt. I have talked to a few in person. I think for me initially it worked wonders but then it actually made me worse. You are on a super low dose so hopefully the transition will be easier. Xxx

Rosie63:
Hi Stellajane.  I remember you replying to my post on the same subject earlier in January.  I wish I could pass on my positive experience of trying to give up but unfortunately, I only managed 16 days before I started to feel unwell again.  I'm really struggling with the whole HRT thing because I find the side effects from taking it are as bad as the symptoms when I don't take it.  Sometimes I get really scared because I can't face years ahead of feeling like this.  I was on Prempak C for many years with no problems so I just don't understand why I haven't been able to find something else that suits me over the last 2+ years 😞. I wish I could just get my hands a month's worth of Prempak so that I could see if they still worked for me or whether I would have been like this anyway !

However, this is only my experience and you may find that when you come off of it, you will be perfectly fine.....I really hope so.  I will be interested to hear how things go for you so please keep us posted.

Good luck 🤞

Rosie63 xx

Jari:
Stellajane, sorry you had a bad night. My hot flushes did return after a few weeks, but they have become less and less over the last year. I imagine the hrt drugs you were taking will need some time to get out of your system properly and then your body will need to readjust and your own hormones will need some time to hopefully balance. I see your sisters have had a rough time with this, but 'that's not to say that your hormones wont balance ok. ?! I do think you need to give it at least a few months though to get a real idea.

Alua i had a very similar experience. My body reacted very badly to the adding of the hormone mix. I would really like to know exactly what is in these drugs. On my packet it says each pump contains 0.75mg of Estradiol. After my bad experience I asked the next gynae I saw, how exactly is this made and she said it is plant based and mostly yams. I can not imagine I would have that reaction to yams. I would really like to know exactly how they make it and if it is just yams or if there is something else added. It is very interesting and I, like you have not looked back since stopping hrt.

Rosie63:
Crikey Stellajane, your sister deserves a medal for suffering all those years but I guess she hasn't had much choice.  I have to admit I have thought about trying AD's. The doctor did prescribe Sertraline which I have here so that is still an option.  I just don't see how they will work though if it's lack of oestrogen 'that's causing my symptoms. 

Sorry to hear you had a rough night.  It sounds as though you could be similar to me in that it doesn't take very long at all for symptoms show themselves after stopping😏

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.

Rosie xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version