General Discussion > One Life, Live it, Celebrate it!

Hair and Beauty 2

(1/22) > >>

Padine:
Hi, I noticed an old thread of same name and Mods suggested a new thread so here it is!

My skin is driving me nuts!! Anybody else not sure what kind of skin they have? Exfoliate seems to be the buzz word right now and I bought a glyconic peel overnight cream thing (Superdrug so dead cheap and only 30ml - nothing lost if it didn't work) Tried it couple of nights ago and wow! My face didn't tingle or peel or crack but it is soooooo baby-bottom smooth! Today it's so humid and my Simple cream spread like water on my face and I look like a shiny blob!  :sweatdrop:  Judith Williams was on QVC this morning and I like her but after buying the Simple range (cleanser, toner, day, night and eye cream, soap and shower gel, shampoo and conditioner - a steal at roughly £50) to tide me over and clear up some dry patches (it's worked after 2 weeks) I'm hesitating about trying something different.

Padine:
Ps
Sorry 😐 had to abandon post when door bell rang and I jumped out of my skin!
Basically I'd like to start a thread about skin care, what works for you, is luxury worth it or cheaper ok? Simple has worked to help my confused skin recover, but it's a bit boring and rather watery.
What do you use?
      Padine xx

jaycee:
I love Judith Williams skin care,i have ordered it everytime it is on QVC

jillydoll:
I use L'Oréal cleanser and toner, and it's either L'Oréal's moisturiser, or Nivea. But I have to be careful as I sometimes break out with very dry patches on my nose...and believe it or not, but a very cheap moisturiser usually sorts it out, it's from Wilko, and it's £1.....so I've always got a couple tubes ready in the draw...
I don't like the Simple range, they didn't work for me, dryed my skin out terribly.
Oh and I use, Clearasil gentle wash on my face, for sensitive skin....I really like that...

Sparrow:
I have recently had to change what I use due to a skin condition diagnosis.

I have Actinic keratosis (solar keratosis), which is as a result of sun damage. It has to be treated as it can sometimes turn cancerous so I am waiting for a follow up appointment. Treatment will probably include scraping or freezing away the affected skin or a caustic cream.

I have had a couple of patches on my nose for about three years which looked like aged spots but sometimes became dry and rough.  This summer other people started to notice and I was talked into going to the doctor by my husband and son.

I now use a factor 50 face cream on my face and neck plus E45  rich and creamy 24hr on my nose. My GP suspects there are one or two other patches emerging on my cheeks.

So do be careful.  Get anything new or persistant checked out.  Also make sure your face cream has sun protection of at least factor 20.

PS. This condition is not always brown,  like age spots. They can be pink or skin coloured as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version