Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: HRT dosage  (Read 746 times)

Birdy

HRT dosage
« on: January 12, 2019, 03:09:55 PM »

Because I continue to feel mad, and I am suffering worsening anxiety, and donít even want to talk about my brain fog as I have made so many scary slip ups this week, iím Looking at the numbers on my hormone treatment to figure out wtf is happening to me.
I use bio identical hormone lozenges compounded. I dissolve a quarter of one on my gum every day.
So I take .37mg of estradiol
38.5mg of progesterone
.37 of testosterone.
Do these numbers correlate with the amounts you use?
Am I having enough progesterone?

I brain feels very fuzzy and I am wired and not sleeping.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:39:48 PM by Birdy »

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: HRT dosage
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 04:19:25 PM »

Sorry no ones tried to answer your question Birdy.
I think you may have stumped everyone.....lol
Hopefully someone will be on soon......

Xx
Live.love.laugh. 😉

Birdy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 04:44:21 PM »

🙂

Conolly

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 05:55:38 PM »

Hello Birdy,

I'm afraid there are not many ladies on MM using lozenges and it's difficult to correlate amounts with other treatments.

If I remember it correctly you had an early menopause, right? When have you started HRT and for how long? Have you changed regimens? Have you been for a while without any HRT? I ask those questions because I have noticed that women who had surgical menopause or an early natural menopause seem to have different responses to the usual types and amounts prescribed of HRT when compared to other women.

There are not many studies on compounded HRT so it's hard to tell if you're having enough progesterone. The only way to know is having scans to check the endometrium thickness.

Conolly X

Birdy

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 08:09:59 PM »

Thank you! Had a scan recently and my endometrial lining was thin. I had an early meno and been on HRT for about 9 months. First three months was on evorel Conti which did not help me at all. My oestrogen was in the 600s last time it was checked in December.
Seeing the doc tomorrow because my brain is not working properly and I buggered up quite spectacularly at work on Friday despite focusing as best I could. And I cannot concentrate.

Conolly

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 11:09:50 AM »

Hello Birdy,

Yes, you're being wise seeing the doc, hope you can find some answers. Fingers crossed for today.

Conolly X

Tc

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 12:32:38 PM »

Birdy. I hope you get on ok at  the docs today x

Ladybt28

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 01:03:15 PM »

oh yes Birdy - let us know what the doc has to say.
You need to start feeling a bit better than you do.  I know how exhausting the brain fog can be and its really scary because you think you are really losing it. Thinking of you.

Birdy

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 01:16:13 PM »

The doc thinks it is unlikely I have early onset dementia but is sending me for memory tests that are 45 minutes long. Iím sh8tting bricks about that appointment! He wants me off HRT. But iím Not ready to do that. He said VA can be controlled with topical oestrogen but iím Not sure I want to risk it. My VA was unbearable.  He said I donít strike him as someone with cognitive issues but I didnít tell him all my brain fart incidents because I couldnít remember them.
Awake at 4am today with anxiety and intrusive thoughts. I am exhausted.

Birdy

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 01:35:15 PM »

My partner, Richard, told me this weekend that he thinks I have ADHD. He has mentioned it before actually. I just did a quick online test and I scored highly. I am not upset about having ADHD if I do. In fact, I agree that I could have it and it might explain some things.
I can be incredibly focused and organised when I want to be but a lot of the time I am annoyingly impulsive.
While at the surgery today, I started joining in on someone elseís conversation. I saw a woman trying a coat on in a shop recently, and ended up helping her find one that suited her better. I just took over the entire process and felt powerless to stop myself.
Often, I am nodding away and agreeing with something Richard is saying yet I am not listening to a single word.
The only jobs I have done that I felt I truly loved are the ones where I am in charge and setting the pace. I can think at 100 miles an hour yet if I am bored, my head turns to sludge.

Conolly

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 01:37:14 PM »

Thank you for the update, Birdy. Why does he want you off HRT? Did he explain any possible connections?

Maybe all your brain needs is restorative sleep. All sorts of memory and cognitive issues are related to chronic sleep disturbance. If you can address it with whatever you like, sleep hygiene habits, CBT, mindfulness, physical exercise, yoga, tai chi, even sleeping or ADHD meds, if necessary, maybe your anxiety levels will decrease and you can break the vicious cycle.

Conolly X

Ladybt28

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 01:40:54 PM »

I am sure you are, worry is exhausting without the rest of the S**t.  Get your topical HRT for the VA, there is no risk in that at all and Dr Louise Newson together with another male meno person can't remember his name an eminent meno consultant talks about cancer patients and oestrogen in a YouTube video. Their opinion was topical would not be harmful and it is quality of life which is important and if it is really bad then you need to be able to live comfortably rather in the discomfort it causes for the sake of just small amounts of oestrogen.

If I was you I wouldn't listen to him about the hrt, you need to get it right, not give up altogether and really there is no need to worry about your memory test. My memory was so bad I couldnt string a sentance together at all as I had such problems "finding words". It was very obvious nor could I remember peoples names or what I had done the week before. It was all just meno symptoms but like you I thought I was heading into dementia.  All that has stopped now but it took a while.  If the dr doesnt  think you have cognative issues - you are probably going to absolutely fine.  Worrying will only increase you symptoms - I know its hard but try not worry.

Birdy

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 01:43:52 PM »

He thinks HRT is making me more anxious.
I agree that it is but I can tweak my HRT. He didnít read my notes properly (not my usual doc today) and I donít think he knows I am taking HRT from a private doc. He is sending me for extensive memory testing in a few weeks which right now is making me feel sick about. And I have an appointment with a woman to discuss ways to manage my anxiety.
He was a lovely doctor actually. Much nicer than my usual one.

Birdy

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 01:46:20 PM »

You are very lovely, all of you. I feel very supported by you, thanks so much. 🙂🙂🙂

Ladybt28

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 02:06:38 PM »

Its a common misconception dr's make about anxiety. In fact lots don't recognise it as a symptom of meno at all in perio women.
I had terrible anxiety and I mean terrible, I was under the mental health team but it wasn't my head it was menopause and hormonal issues.  Birdy I had hormonal issues since a teenager but no one recognised them much less did anything about them except drugged me up with AD's for 30 years!  From what you have said you know in your gut it is not the hrt causing the anxiety but that your hrt regime is unbalanced.
Now no more AD's for me and no more mental health team either and believe me I had all that for 10 years.

Pages: [1] 2 3