Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Work-based menopause discussion group

(1/2) > >>

ban-sithe:
Hi everyone,
Since my first intro post on here, I've mellowed a bit   :)  (thank you for all the kind supportive replies!)

I've been mulling over starting a lunchtime discussion group about menopause at work. Given the number of whispered discussions in shared offices and kitchens, the frustration of colleagues w/ managers (or other colleagues) of all ages and genders who are oblivious/embarrassed/dismissive/downright hostile to acknowledgement of it, and my professional interest in emotions in career  management and leadership (kind of relates to health), I thought it might be useful and helpful in a whole bunch of different ways.

What do you think? Does anyone have experience in this sort of thing? Any advice, comments, etc. gratefully received. Thank you!

CLKD:
Hi.  Do you have a work place Nurse?

ban-sithe:
Hello! That's a really good question. Now that I recall, in the place I worked there was one in occupational health. I'll find out. I've gatherd from colleagues they'd welcome a more overt and public discussion, especially to help develop more supportive environments and processes. One can but try....

Thank you!!!!

Lanzalover:
I think it's great idea.

I recently had a male work colleague ask me about the menopause symptoms,HRT etc as his wife was just entering  the peri stage and he really wanted to help her but had no idea how. He does now ;D

Lanzalover x

ban-sithe:
Thank you for the support! I was definitely hoping male colleagues could benefit personally and professionally. Lucky for your colleague (and his wife!) to be working with you  :)  I just came across a post where someone else mentioned they were thinking of doing the same. Need to track it down again. Cheers! xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version