Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

NO sleep at all........Help!

(1/5) > >>

TNM45689:
Hi I have not had a period for nearly 12 months so definitely entering the post menopause period (also had blood tests). My GP has not been great and reluctant to start HRT without speaking to someone with a little more expertise in this area - it is such an important decision. I have finally been referred to a NHS Menopause Clinic in May but my biggest problem is literally I am not sleeping at all and obviously this is taking its toll on me and my family. My doctor has prescribed temazipan but these do not seem to be working. Any advice or anything ese you could recommend in the interim? Thanks x

Valentine:
Hi,
What are you feeling when you are not sleeping? Are you having anxiety or  your brain is "on"? Just awake?
Sorry you are going through this... I've been there.

Rhiner:
Hi, Ive been there too, and it is awful my hormones were all over the place after ovary  removal and obviously no oestrogen.  Eventually started on HRT, but slow to build up oestrogen again. Started taking low dose Amitriptyline which helped a little and Omega 3 capsules (helps to build seratonin). Also had ovaltine before bed, lots of calcium and magnesium in this. I got there after a few weeks of starting HRT - now sleep like a log! Only took Amytrip for about 3 weeks.
Hope this helps.
Rx

Daisydot:
Hi TNM I'm taking redbush vanilla tea instead of caffeine and it's made a huge difference to my quality of sleep I'm averaging 7-8 hours of good quality sleep I monitor using my Fitbit that's how I know ,it gives sleep details.maybe worth a try,tetley do it around £2-15 for 40 bags,I can get two mugs out each bag 😂 good luck sweet dreams xx

aspie65:
If temazipan isn't working ask for a proper sleeping pill like zopiclone.  Another drug that might help without any issue of long term use is pregabalin.  If you have to wait till May I would go back and see, maybe a different doctor and ask for more help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version