Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Constipation  (Read 4421 times)

Brainless

Re: Constipation
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 06:18:24 PM »

Thanks woodlands I used movicol for years but unfortunately I needed to take too much everyday to get a result so it affected my electrolytes. Although I was able to go a bit more often it wasn't enoughthings still backed up a lot. It was better than laxatives though. The glycerin is the only thing that's really worked well for me

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 09:07:53 PM »

So your body emptied itself too fast .......... I have the same problem with onions, which I love but they clear me out and it's the closest I have ever been to a 'trip'.   ::).  It caused me to feel really as my minerals went haywire!

dahliagirl

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 10:28:23 PM »

Hi - I suffer constipation at the drop of a hat.  If I do not drink enough water, get hot, eat crisps.........the list is endless. I saw a physio when I was post surgery who gave me lots of tips - will update tomorrow when I am not tired.

Meanwhile, I was told that a kiwi fruit a day will sort things and 2 will shift anything. 

Daily Kiwi fruit does work very well - keeps things from drying and produces perfect number 2s daily.  :D   If only I liked them and they did not make my mouth itchy  ::)  >:(  :(   

They are well worth a try - they worked even better than movicol when I ate them.

Butterfly22

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 10:44:35 AM »

I suffer really bad, for years I use a herbal tea called ideal health slimatee, from Holland and barrette.
I have it at night and really dose help although I've taken for so long I think I'm getting use to it.
Are suppositories OK to use daily? X

Brainless

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 10:57:07 AM »

Yes they are ok to be used daily although it does say on the box to check with a doctor if needed more than short term. I think that is to check on the cause of the constipation. I get mine on prescription but also buy them at Tesco.

Butterfly22

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 12:53:18 PM »

Great thank you xx

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 01:20:17 PM »

That sounds like an allergic reaction to kiwi dahliagirl!

I have slow transit this morning because we have funerals to attend so my anxiety levels are up  :-\

dahliagirl

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2018, 03:30:05 PM »

Yep - fruit is a problem  :-\  and nuts  :-\

Anxiety usually gives me faster transit  ;D  Unless I am completely bunged up, which doesn't happen now because I am more careful.

Successful toilet tips  8)

1.  feet up, sit up and lean forward.  Look at http://www.squattypotty.co.uk/ for tips and diagrams (no need to buy the thing though).

2.  Stimulate peristalsis with a really good breakfast every morning.  Coffee is helpful too.  Chew well.

3.  Go to the loo after breakfast and give yourself 10mins peace and quiet.

3.  Eat plenty of Soluble Fibre (beans, veg, fruit, porridge oats)  (This is also good for cholesterol levels so 2 birds with one stone there)

4.  Regular exercise is good for your insides.

5.  Plenty fluids

5.  If you know you will be in a situation where you will get constipated, take the laxative pre-emptively.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »

I find that sometimes I feel that I need to go but it takes several trips - in between I move around the house/garden to stimulate the bowel ;-).

Prunes
Olives
Oily fish
A good muesli - I eat Lizies
Dried apricots
Figs

Also, have a day with plenty of fresh drinks and fruits, but nothing filling - then began eating little and often .........
Pages: 1 [2]