General Discussion > New Members

Change of HRT

(1/1)

deacon:
Hello everyone I am a newbie to the group. I am 53 and 2yrs ago was prescribed climagest 1mg, to cope with Peri menopause symptoms. The climagest  was changed to 2mg last year. As symptoms worsened. Recently I began to have breakthrough symptoms and went back to my GP. I can't have any stronger HRT and she offered me anti-depressants to go with it. I refused this and she consulted colleagues and I have been prescribed Elleste Duet Conti Tablets which are apparently what I should now be on for my age (!). I realise I have to give them time to work but I am worried I may struggle with them as I seem to be having side effects eg. bad skin, indigestion, restless nights. I would be interested to know how other people cope with them. I also have a very large fibroid which my GP is aware of. Thanks in advance!

Taz2:
Hi deacon - welcome to the forum!

Patch HRT is less likely to cause stomach problems but I believe that patches are not recommended if you have endometriosis or fibroids. How long have you been on the Elleste for? Your GP is right in that you are about the right age to have a conti (no bleed) HRT although some women get breakthrough bleeding for the first six months so bear this in mind. Conti HRT is also better if you have fibroids as the continuous progesterone is thought to stop the fibroids increasing as much.

You will find lots of help, advice and friendship on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version